Eight Months (Edited)

"I'm really sorry," I told Logan as we sat in the back of his towne car. Once again, I had thought I was in labor when I wasn't.

He rubbed his eyes. "It's okay. The doctor says it's normal to have Braxton Hicks. We'll just wait a little while next time." 

I nodded. "I feel bad. It's my third time waking you up. I should've known better. I'm only thirty two weeks."

Logan rubbed my arm. "How's it going?"

I scrunched up my nose as I looked at him. "Good as long as I don't worry about the fact that if I laugh or sneeze, I pee my pants. Walking is a bit of a pain because their heads are pointed down there. Apparently, that is normal for some people as well."

An incoming text forced me to look away from Logan. It was from Mark. He and I have been hanging out ever since we came back from the Winter getaway.

The last day everything happened so much that all the stress got to me. I promptly fainted, but was given a clean bill of health from the doctor and told to sleep. I did. I haven't tried to contact the parents that Mark found. I want to bring my babies into the world first. I may contact them as soon as they are born.

Things are just crazy now. The closer I am to giving birth the crazier the paparazzi are. They have doubled in size beyond the Villa gates. They follow Logan everywhere since they know that I'm getting close to giving birth.

It helps that ever since that threatening video of Logan's stalker, I have mega guards. Guards are stationed at the villa entrance and outside of my house. They follow Logan and I whenever we leave. It's like we're the freaking president. I am so happy. I feel a lot safer. Logan even got all the houses a new alarm system with new codes.

I read Marks message: False alarm- no call

"Mark," I told Logan. I didn't want to be rude. I was honest with him about Mark and I. Mark has remained at my side. He is a very close friend. I think he wants things to be more. Honestly, I believe that I'm just a replacement for the girl he lost. Who knows I might even look like her? But even if I didn't, even if I wasn't a replacement, I couldn't. He was Logan's brother. Although Logan and I have never and probably will never be a couple, I could never be with his brother. I have feelings for Logan. I had to keep them bottled up because I live by that old motto 'treat someone how you wished to be treated'. Vanessa was a bitch, no doubt. Still, I could not act with Logan knowing the two were still married.

Me: Yes. Sorry, feel dumb

Mark: No, a mom.

Me: :)

Mark: Want to talk?

I wanted to laugh. Me: No. 5am with Logan, nearly home. Going to bed.

Mark: Text when you're in bed. I'll say goodnight.

He does every night. Me: LOL. Okay.

"We're here." Logan said, as the car drove up to my place.

Logan stepped out of the car with me and walked up to my house. There was a guard at my front door. I said hello to him and we stepped inside. Considering that it was five in the morning, Logan's presence in my place was unexpected.

I stopped in the hall and turned to him. He must have something on his mind. "You and Mark seem to be closer."

"We're friends."

"He's quite taken with you not that I can blame him."

I shrugged. "He's a big help. He helped paint the babies room, build the cribs and set up the rocking chairs. I completely use him and he likes it."

"The rooms, they're done. May I see?"

"One room and sure."

I went up the stairs with Logan trailing right behind me. We turned left toward my bedroom and across the hall. I wanted to be as close to the babies as I could.

"Tada," I said as I flicked open the lights.

The cribs were located right in front of the windows. I had nice light green walls and blue curtains. There were mobiles on top of the cribs so that the babies would have music to sleep under. I had two rocking chairs opposite of the cribs. The changing table next to the closet with the diaper genie there and stacks upon stacks of diapers and wipes.

I hadn't had to buy anything. Since, I was being a shut in, Logan's family bought me tons of stuff. I didn't even think of shopping. After the Christmas trip, I came home to yards of baby stuff. I was very thankful for everything and Mark helped me organize all of it. Logan was busy for a week doing actor stuff. I think he went to an award show out of the country. Who knows?

Logan stood in the middle of the room looking around. "What do you think? Do you have there room done at your place?"

"Uh, yeah. Vanessa is working on it." He walked over and touched the cribs and glanced out at the night sky. "This is really nice. Thank you for showing me. I wish I could have helped you with it."

"You were busy."

He walked over and stood directly in front of me. "I love my job. I love these children more. Allow me to be of more help to you, please. I feel like I'm losing you somehow."

Huh. "Losing me? What do you mean?"

"Mark is going to take you away."

Seriously. I opened my mouth to tell him to shut up when all of a sudden Logan's lips touched mine. They were there and then they were gone. I was completely dumbfounded.

He didn't even look guilty. He seemed serene. "I had to do that...just once."

I swallowed and glanced around the room before taking a breath. "Logan, while you have a wife please don't do that again. I-I-I'm not that kind of girl. You should go."

And he left. I pressed my hands to my lips wishing beyond the stars in the sky that he would have kissed me one more time.