Proposition (Edited)

I couldn't stay in the Life Clinic a moment longer. The second Dr. Barnes left everything seemed to implode at once. Logan was pissed off because he kept cursing up a storm. His wife Vanessa was just crying and I just sat there in shock. I burst out of the room and ran until I was in my car driving straight home. I still had my envelope with me. I couldn't believe that they actually thought twenty five thousand dollars was enough money to suffice a pregnancy. These people obviously did not realize that raising a baby over eighteen years would cost a lot more money. I wonder about suing, but that costs money and I don't even have a job. They probably wouldn't pay me anyway. I could be blamed for actually wanting to give this child life therefore I'm responsible for this baby.

Furthermore, I'm pregnant by Logan Spade. He is like the it guy of it guys. He's Logan Spade. There is no other way to describe him. Every single person in the world knows who Logan Spade is. This is his child. I couldn't even comprehend the thought that someone like me would get pregnant by someone like him even though this pregnancy happened on accident.

I arrived home and sat on my couch attempting to comprehend this whole day.

Then I heard my door. This was strange. I did not get any visitors. I stood up and walked to my door. I peeked through the hole and nearly fainted. Outside of my door stood Logan Spade. I thought of not answering. But that would be immature. He and I had to act like adults with this. I'm pregnant. This is his baby.

I took a deep breath before opening the door. He didn't even wait for an invitation before he stepped inside my home. In seconds, I could see the judgment forming on his face. I admit my apartment was not much of a looker. I spent too much time worrying about rent, food, and other bills to care about style. My front room is bare except for the table and sofa I bought from Goodwill. My walls didn't have any pictures on them. No one in my family even cared about me. I was that girl who was never meant to be born. The only thing I would be proud of is the fact that this apartment is mine and I keep my place clean.

From his spot, in front of the door, he could see my whole place. The living room is off to the right of the door, the kitchen up ahead to the left, my bedroom ahead to the right and the bathroom just beyond that. I could tell he's never even been in a place as small as this. His eyes seemed to be scrutinizing every single detail.

"Why are you here?" I asked. I did sound short with him, but I could feel a lecture coming on. I'm eighteen not a child.

"You live here." He stated, still not paying much attention to me. I have to wonder if he's taking measurements in  his head.

I narrowed my eyes. "That's already been established."

Logan caught on quick. He decided to skip the information that didn't matter. "I need to know for sure that is my baby you're carrying."

"It is."

"I need to know." He demanded.

I exhaled. "What do you want me to say? I was a virgin. I am a virgin. Hell, the doctor asked me if it was a possibility I told him no, not in a million years. So, unless a doctor at that clinic got friendly with me then I would say there is a one hundred percent chance this is your baby unless they screwed up again and inserted me with some other idiots sperm."

Logan raised an eyebrow at my name calling. "I suppose there really is no way to tell until you have the baby."

I rolled my eyes. Obviously. "Is that all you wished to discuss?"

He shook his head. "I have a proposition for you."

This caught my attention. "Okay."

"The paparazzi has become aware of my wife and I trying to conceive. They have even become aware of the Life Clinic. I am judging that we will have a week or so before they are informed of the mix up and the fact that you may be carrying my child."

I groaned. Great, this would suck. I'd be seen as the poor girl who got pregnant by Logan Spade on purpose. I could see the headlines now. I sank onto my couch. "What's this proposition?"

 "Come away with me," he says, like it's no big deal.

My eyes snap up to meet his. He has got to be kidding me. After no response, I ask. "Seriously?"

"Yes."

"You're married."

Logan chuckled. "I'm not saying marry me. If you're carrying my baby then I want him or her safe. Look, my family owns a villa. It's a nice little place where you'd have your own house. You don't have to worry about rent or food. I'd take care of everything. I just want you in a place I can control. No cameras would be allowed in the villa. I can make sure I attend every doctors visit and keep an eye on you."

"What do you think I'm going to do, jump off a bridge?" I yell at him.

He shrugs. He does not know me and I do not know him. "What do you say?" Before I have a chance to reply, he continues. "I had my lawyer look into you. You're alone here. There, you have security. There, you are not behind on rent. You said at the clinic, you needed money. There, you are taken care of."

His offer was incredibly tempting. In my mind, I planned the perfect forget you speech. I told him off. But in reality. I agreed. "Okay." I don't even know why I said yes.

"Okay." He seemed surprised. "That was easy."

"Oh, shut up." I argued.

Logan grinned. "How much time do you need to pack?"

Preview for the next chapter:

Logan smiles. "Come, I have family I'd like you to meet. They own this villa so I trust you'll run into them from time to time. I brought them up to speed on our unusual situation."

I sighed. Unusual, was the not the word I'd use. I was basically assaulted, but it wasn't the physical kind. "Okay."

Logan placed his hand on the middle of my back and steered me forward. He slightly laughed. "Do you ever say anything besides okay when you're agreeing."

I rolled my eyes. "Of course I do. I only say okay when I'm between a rock and hard place."

"Ah," he laughed again.

I don't remember ever being so darn funny.