Christmas Vacation Part 2(of3) (Edited)

I didn't come downstairs like I told Mark I would. I had holed myself up in my bedroom like a hermit. I was so mad at myself. Mark's words had haunted me for the past few days especially today.

Today is December twenty-fourth also known as Christmas eve which also happens to be the anniversary of my birth. This day actually makes me physically sick. I didn't want to be broken, but I couldn't bring myself to come out of my room before everyone left for the days activities.

I knew they'd be gone awhile. I heard them talking about going skiing amongst other things. They were going to be gone a long time. I took the time to actually look around the whole mansion. I was glad my children would be brought up in such a place. They would have amazing opportunities. I wonder if that made me stuck up or something like that. I even spent a lot of time in the library going over tons of books. I should get used to reading if I'm going to start online classes after christmas break.

"You actually came," a familiar voice caused me to turn around.

I was back in the family room. She must've just came in, her suitcases were at her feet.

I couldn't stand her. Vanessa is gorgeous. She's wearing some tight black outfit with a fur coat on her arm.

"You actually came," I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

Vanessa stepped forward into the room. "You thought I'd leave my husband for you to take."

I smiled. "Then you'll be happy to know that he's out skiing with everyone else."

She stepped closer until she was in my face. "I eat girls like you for breakfast. You're all sluts. I'm not stupid. I know you're trying to sleep with my husband. You think you're smart. I used to be you."

I shook my head. "You've lost your mind."

I meant to turn away and she grabbed my arm. "You stupid bitch. You think I don't see through you. Logan is the foolish one, not me. He's the one you keep pushing away because you know he'll push that much harder toward you."

I snatched my arm from her grip. "That's where you're wrong." I touched my belly as one of my boys kicked me. "I am not playing some game with him."

She mocked me. "Oh, I'm weak and innocent."

I decided to mock her. "Oh, I'm distraught the whole world should envy me instead I'm weak because I can't give my husband what he desires."

"A whore."

"A child," I countered.

Vanessa laughed though it was fake. "Oh yes, I see. You think those babies are a ticket to my husband. You may have him in your little grasp now, but we've been married for ten years. Soon as they are born they'll be with Logan and I. You'll be a distant memory."

I smirked. "If you truly believed that you wouldn't be here trying to convince yourself."

I could see that my words rang true. Vanessa's jaw dropped in shock and the next thing I know she slapped me hard across the face. I saw spots in my vision. "You bitch. You stupid whore. You're not going to take my husband from me."

"Vanessa," a voice roared. 

We both looked over and sure enough there was the Spade family standing there. From the looks on their faces they have seen and heard just about everything, I think.

 "Vanessa, I need to talk to you right now." 

Mark rushed forward to me. "Here, come on." He grabbed me. "I'm going to get you some ice for your face." He dragged me all the way to the kitchen with me protesting the whole way.