Logan's departure (Edited)

Right after the mess with Vanessa attempting to underhand me by stealing my baby, I had to leave. I hate confrontational stressful situations. A side effect after being raised by my father. I rushed outside into the free air. I needed to breathe and I could not do that surrounded by strangers.

Logan caught up with me before I could get too far. I had no idea where I was going and the car I arrived in had disappeared. "Stop," he called out to me.

I did as he asked. Tears were still running down my face. "I have every right to be upset. My child would have been born and you would have had every legal right to take her away from me and I would have had no chance of fighting you."

Logan took a defensive stance. "You seem to think I would have allowed that to happen."

I shook my head in disbelief. He didn't seem to get it. "I don't know you," I argued back.

Logan sighed. "Let me show you to your place. You could use some rest."

I followed into step beside him. "You may be right, but just because I'm eighteen doesn't mean I'm a kid."

We crossed the street. His parents must be picky about who gets to live in this villa. The place is as quiet as can be. I would doubt anyone lived here at all if not for a few houses with vehicles in the driveway. "I never called you a child."

"You just said go to bed."

"I believe I said, you need rest. Everyone needs rest even you especially after the events that took place a moment ago."

I rolled my eyes. "What kind of man did I let myself get involved with?"

Logan smiled. "I believe it was fate that chose for you."

I looked over at him. "What do you think about this situation? You seem surprisingly calm. 'I'll take care of everything'. Who does that?"

Logan stopped walking. He turned to me and we faced one another. "You really want to know." I nodded. "I have no idea what to think of this situation. It's so screwed up. Vanessa has wanted a baby for a very long time. I wanted to make that dream happen for her, but it's been so hard between us and now that you're pregnant with my baby it's all backwards. I want to do right by you. I have to do right by you."

That ended our conversation. I didn't quite know what to say to him after that. He was right after all. I was nothing, but a simple obligation to him. I heard the conviction in his voice about wanting to give Vanessa a baby. I couldn't trust that he wouldn't try to take my child away. I just couldn't take that chance. I'd have to be on guard around him, her, and everyone else around here.

My home turned out to be two blocks away from his parents place, but they were like mini blocks since the houses were so big. I also would be three houses down from his sister and a block away from his brother Adam, his family was literally on the street behind my house. I could see their place. Logan's place is complete on the other side of the villa. For instance, his parents lived on the North side near the doors, he lives on the south side furthest away. The closest one to him was his brother, Mark.

I was a bit jealous that he got to live so far away from others and I was stuck in the middle of people. Who was I to complain? Logan is providing me with food and shelter.

My house was gorgeous. I had more room than I needed. This place had six bedrooms. Logan had placed all my things up and I would have my very own housekeeper and cook even though I tried to explain that I'd never have need for them. I doubt that I would ever be able to afford anything as beautiful as this place. I was so completely emotional that I began to cry.

Logan rushed up to me. "Are you all right?" He asked, completely concerned.

I hugged him. "Thank you. I know you're doing this for the baby, but this is amazing. Thank you."