The Best Day Ever (Edited)

"Hey Logan," I answered.

"How are the twins," he asked.

I'd been spending time with my family for the past week. Luckily, it was the summer and we all had the time to waste. No one was really in a hurry to head home. I'd originally planned on staying the weekend, but after the media storm with Logan's upcoming divorce, I decided to stay a little while longer.

I had a huge grin on my face. "Great, they are smiling big now. You have no idea, when they see me they just smile. Wait, until they see you."

"I miss them," he answered.

"Would you like me to come home?"

"If only," he answered.

"What do you mean?" I asked, not understanding.

I heard him slightly chuckle. "You said home as if the two of us shared a home together."

This time I laughed. "You haven't even taken me out on a date yet, we're certainly not moving in together. I have standards, Spade."

"Are you saying you would go out on a date with me?"

"Are you asking?"

"Uh, maybe."

"Don't tell me, Mr. Logan Spade, world's most googled person is shy."

"I have to go," he said and then he hung up leaving me absolutely stunned and speechless.

Then it washed away when I realized that I had just been flirting with Logan. For the first time, it didn't bother me. Logan had filed for divorce. He's separated from Vanessa. We have children together. If anything, our flirting seemed almost natural. I don't know if it will go anywhere. I know Logan has this image and I know that he cares a lot about how the public perceives him. The world would have a freaking tornado if they saw Logan and I on a date. Despite numerous attempts to tell the truth, I'd be the whore who broke up a marriage and Logan would be the cheating scoundrel.

I wonder if it would be worth it. He and I. 

"Was that Logan," Gloria asked.

I nodded. I had been in the kitchen chatting with him. I'd gotten so comfortable around these people that I hadn't even thought about concealing my conversation. All of them had plenty of time to rat me out to paparazzi and they were good.

Ben even chased off some patrons who followed us in a grocery store demanding my autograph. I am not even famous. All I did was have babies by a famous actor. I declined and they still followed us taking pictures until Ben scared them off. I was very thankful.

"Uh, yeah. He's still doing press for that movie."

"The Great Escape, your father wants to see it."

"Yeah, he told me. So, what are you about to show me how to cook?"

"We're going to do two big batches, were feeding the whole family. First, grab some bowls out of that cabin there. The big red ones." I do as she says, reaching in the high cabinet above the rest of the dishes so I have to stand on my tip toes. "Rinse them out, I rinse everything from the cabinet." I do. "Grab those packages of hamburger, a few eggs, an onion, milk, bread crumbs, brown sugar, mustard and ketchup."

I did as she said. Gloria observes everything. The way she narrows her eyes on the ingredients I placed on the table tells me I've forgotten something. I look over the items and go over in my head once more. "The onion," I say and grab it.

"And the mustard," she adds.

I follow even more of her directions all the way until I'm mixing the ingredients for the second batch. Faintly, I can hear Oliver singing to my children. He's not a singer, but his voice is nice to listen to. He has one of them old school jazz sounds. I think the twins agree, I haven't heard any crying at all.