Meet The Parents (Edited)

"I'll get the twins," Logan told me.

My heart had been pounding the entire way here. He took my plan. I had the great idea to hide behind the twins and use them as an excuse to get the hell out of this place. I was torn. A part of me wanted to run in their and see the family I had missed out on. The other part of me wanted to run away. My father had instilled in me pain with his beatings and lack of love. I find it hard to believe that these people actually care about me. I had to give them a try for my babies. I wanted to love them like I'd never been loved and if I was truly loved then they'd receive unconditional love from me.

I felt a bit odd going to a gathering wearing some black sweats and an oversized shirt. I liked that the shirt hid my fake pregnant self. I watched Logan get the twins out. Mark attempted to help, but the two of them for some reason kept giving each other evil looks. I wish they could stop the penis measuring and get to the task at hand. But then again I did feel guilty, I somehow managed to come between two brothers and I sure as hell did not want to be there.

I walked up to the front door with Logan behind me; a car-seat on each of his hands. Mark stepped forward and opened the car door. The second the door fully opened there was a huge "Surprise," from everyone inside.

I faked a heart attack. I had a big smile on my face as my eyes scanned everyone in the room. Logan's parents stood front and center. They immediately gave me a hug before bypassing me and heading straight for the twins. There was Brittany right behind them. She spoke to me for a second.

"How are you?"

"Good," I answered. I glanced behind me. Logan was setting the car-seats down because his parents had already begun unstrapping the twins. "As long as they're good, I'm good." Brittany nodded. I could tell she wanted to be polite, but her eyes were dancing around the twins. "Go for it," I joked. "I'll be here for a minute."

Brittany's face lit up as she passed me. Next, Adam and Michelle came up with their boys James and Jeremiah. The boys ignored me completely they were interested to see who the fuss was about. Adam, the ever so polite one of the Spade brothers, congratulated me. Michelle gave me a hug.

Then there was no one except the two of them. My mother and my father. Mom is an older brunette with light eyes. She's very pretty and thin. She definitely makes me think of glam. My father definitely seems like one of those men that age better as they get older. He has long hair jelled to the back with a sandy brown and gray beard.

I suddenly felt very lonely standing there facing the two of them. Neither of us seemed to want to move from the position we were at. My mother stared at me hard and I could see in her eyes that she knew I was hers. My father was the big cry baby. His face had become smudged and I could already see him struggling to keep his composure as tears fell down.

Mark appeared at my side in an instant. "Bella, this is Oliver and Gloria Emerson."

Mark's arm wrapped around my waist. He knew I wouldn't move without being pushed. He put force on my waist until the two of us stood a foot away from my parents. "Hi," I said.

My parents weren't interested in words. I had four arms wrapped around my body in a matter of seconds. I stood there frozen solid staring at Mark while they sobbed on me. I had no idea what to say. I didn't even know what I should be feeling. My entire emotional state was in shock.

My mother kissed my cheek. "Hi, I'm sorry. I, you're mine and you're here. The kids are going to be so excited."

My father echoed her words.

"Kids," I asked.

My mother glanced at my father so he took the reigns and spoke. "After we searched for you without anything we adopted a couple teenagers. You would have been ten at the time. They're all married with children. They wanted to see you as well. We didn't want to overwhelm you."