While he's away... (Edited)

The first week since I moved into my new home, I met my housekeeper and the cook. I met a male housekeeper. It was quite strange. I expected to be surrounded by women, but he is a man and a young one at that. Luckily for me, he is not my type at all.

The cook is an older woman. She's officially lost her mind. I think she thinks she's my mother or something. She's always giving me advice on everything. Our first meeting went like this:

I woke up two days after the ultrasound to hear banging in my kitchen. I, of course, was freaked out thinking that I was being invaded by thieves. Then I heard her voice. She was complaining.

"Humph, ten years in the big house and here I am sent away, this is the first step to them firing me, I bet."

I didn't feel a threat from her so I walked all the way down the steps in my pajama pants and tank top. "Uh, who are you?"

She turned to me then. She's an older brunette with age lines. She narrowed her eyes at me. "I'm your cook. Who are you?"

"Bella. What's your name?"

She laughs. "You expect me to believe you care."

I'm taken aback. "I expect nothing of you quite honestly. I was told I'd be getting a cook. I don't know why, but I'm guessing Logan is a bit of a control freak. I would like to know who I'm speaking to as all."

"Oh," she says. "My name is Nancy and Mr. Spade is a control freak."

I laughed. "I knew it. I bet he gave you a complete list of what to cook me."

Nancy grinned. "You know him well."

I nodded. I don't know the man at all. I do know how he seems to respond to things. I know he wants these babies as much as I do. I know he'd do anything to ensure their safety.

Later on that day, I met the housekeeper. It was strange to see a man in my bathroom. He was so young, he had to be around my age. I admit for a split second, I was frightened until I realized he was only cleaning. He seemed oblivious to my presence.

"Uh, hi."

"Hello, miss." He turned to me and said.

I smirked. Miss. "I'm Bella, you're?"

"Grant," he replied. "I'm your new housekeeper."

"You?" I ask. Because he's a he. I hadn't guessed men were housekeepers. I bet that's sexist of me.

He smiles. "I know. I'm a man, right. Well, I got this job as a favor and I would like to keep it. The Spades pay very well."

Ah. "Okay, nice to meet you."

The second week of Logan's absence, I received a visit from his mother. I did not answer the door. I did not need to associate with these people. I just wanted to be left alone. I'm eight weeks pregnant, I often hug the toilet. I'm sure Grant appreciates cleaning up those messes that I miss. Nancy makes me good food, but half of it still seems to come back up.

At nine weeks, I received a call from Logan. He'd been gone for three weeks. He called me from the private phone he bought for me.

"Hello," I answered.

"Bella," he said.

"Who else," I replied.

He chuckled. "I'm calling because I have a favor to ask of you."

"Oh."

"Yes, I have been experiencing some heat regarding our situation. I spoke with my agent and he seems to think that if the two of us went public, I'd still have my reputation. As an actor, I need my reputation."