Halo 3 Arc Chapter 22: End of the journey

The pelicans coming in with two elite phantoms to disable the barrier shields. Once they are disabled, they enter inside the Forerunner complex to activate the rings. Our heroes have fight their way to disable them to assist Master Chief. It will be the last battle for the dexholder squad as they about to face against the covenant before it is over.

"Hey, Chief?" Gold said as he comes up to Master Chief.

"Yeah?" Master Chief answers as he turns to Gold-721.

"Are you going to save Cortana?" Gold wondered as Chief looks out in the distance.

"Yes" Chief answers with determination in his voice which Gold understands of his mentor's tone.

"Well, I'm going to find Crystal even it kills me. There is something that I'm not done here." Gold said as he holds on the chip and inserts inside of his helmet.

"I completely understand my friend. Oh I forgot. I brought something for you." Chief said as he grabs something.

"What it is?" Gold wondered what Chief got there.

"Your body armor is still new, but this will help you." Master Chief said as he shows him his Mark V helmet which his old helmet before he received the upgrades. Although he would ask him where he got it from, but he decides not to ask about it.

"My Mark V helmet?" Gold said as he takes it and takes a lot at it with smile that he never gets to see his old helmet.

"You're going to need it." Master Chief suggested as Gold puts it on. It's fits with the new body system and software which it is backward compatibility with older armor.

"How long I haven't worn this thing?" Gold said as he noticed he remembered how he wore it.

"Since we have received new armor." Master Chief commented as they received new armor before.

"Yeah." Gold said as he put the chip inside of his helmet where he hopes that Crystal can understand where his new helmet was heavily damaged.

"The Three barriers will have to be destroyed in order to get that crazed alien who bent on our destruction." Red said as he speaks with the squad.

"That's our mission all right." Sapphire said as she looks at Ruby with a smile.

"That's correct so. We must succeed at all cost." Platinum said as she is coming with him while wearing a marine outfit armed with battle rifle.

"Here we go." Black said as they are feeling that they about to face covenant resistance.

"It going got hot!" Marine pilot said as they drop them off.

"Kill those humans!" One of the Brutes said as they get out of the pelican and while Diamond and Pearl are giving the squad with aerial support. They head out to fight their way through to disable the Barrier which they have finish their task, but something went wrong as High Charity appears as some of the parts hit an Elite ship.

"You got to be kidding me?" Gold said as the rock is coming towards them.

"NO." Master Chief Shout as a fragment crashes into the hallway along with few members of the squad. Nobody is harmed in the process, but something is about attack them.

"Not more of those things." Gold said as the flood appears as they attack our heroes. They begin to fight the Flood and have to fight their way out.

"Sergeant Johnson's team is missing and Johnson is captured by Covenant forces." Radio cracked to realize the problem. It was supposed to be over, but things can go wrong.