Halo 3 Arc Chapter 20: Battle of Earth

As Master Chief and Gold heading down to Earth, Gold remembering the moments with Crystal on the first Halo ring. He closes his eyes they about to reach the ground. He and Master Chief grabbed a metal part of the ship and falling down to Earth. There is a strong heat as to come upon reentry.

"I never experience as a girl, but ever when I saw your face. Full of Life, hopes, and dreams. There was a time that you have a noble soul as you help others in your training. You have that no other Spartan has....Love. Was I wrong? You're so reckless, rude, and pervert except you have a heart of gold. My true love." Crystal over voiced remembered of his training days.

In the sky, that comes down two objects from the main ship that crash into the ground. It was nighttime when they landed on east Africa. Next following morning, the Dexholders came to Gold from their mission from Delta Halo whom had to arrive by Sangheili controlled ship from few days ago.

"Man, that's bad." Black worried while he is patted in the back by White.

"What you mean, that's bad?" White asked to Black.

"He must be far from space. Reentry isn't that easy." Blue said as she checks on him along with Yellow.

"Marines, stay sharp!" Red told his squad. They get around Gold to make a perimeter. Yellow checks Gold as she scans his body.

"His armor is lock up." Yellow told Red as he is surprise on the information she gave out.

"So, he didn't make it." Ruby worrying that possibility that losing Spartan would bring lower morale to the troops.

"Could be." Sapphire saddens to a fact that she liked the guy as an older brother. But she didn't had a chance to get to know him better.

"Without a Spartan, we never win this war at all." Red sighed to check on Gold.

"Don't get in despair. There is chance he could be alive again." Yellow rebuked to Red flinches and takes the chip from Gold's helmet and turns to his squad.

"Call for pickup, heavy lift gear to pick him up. We are not leaving him here to die." Red ordered until his hand was stopped by Gold. It is reveal that Gold was still alive and kicking which everyone is surprise by his reaction.

"What you think I am? An object that is heavy?" Gold yelled which surprises everyone in the squad.

"Stubborn fool. You got us worry for nothing." Green wondered that he is still the same spartan they were back at the Cairo station.

"Gold! Welcome back!" Blue greets Gold, but this time more friendly.

"We miss you." Emerald hugs Gold whom he hugs back.

"Gold, Where's Crystal?" Red asked as Gold looks at the chip with sadness.

"Where is she?" Green asked to know what happen to Crystal which Gold continues to look at the chip.

"Good Bye, Gold." Crystal said as Gold remembers when they were at High Charity.

"She stayed behind." Gold sadly said to the group.

"You.....incompetent Spartan! You couldn't save Crystal, but instead you left her." Green shouted to Gold.

"Hey, I didn't leave her! She made her choice to save me! SO back off!" Gold yelled at Green which made the Squad back off. Red gets Green back away from Gold who shrugs something off his helmet.

"She just wanted to help Cortana on something in case something happens." Gold explains to the group.

"I understand, Gold. Blue, make it quick." Red ordered as Blue came to Gold.