Halo 1 arc Chapter 2: Enter Sil Veree

After walking for miles, Gold sits in the setting sun while listening to Crystal's story which to wonder why she came from. It wasn't long as she describes to be, but he can understand why she comes from. However, behind in her origin story has more behind it what he imagined to be like.

"So, you were from a scientist's wife, right?" Gold doubted where she came from. He only heard it from his basic training about dumb and smart AIs. Dumb AIs are more city administers and workers to help humans while Smart AIs are more designed to withstand more than Dumb AI.

"Yeah, I did. I was given the task to help humans." Crystal pointed out.

"Anyways, what they do to you? And why you were in the Pillar of Autumn at the first place?" Gold wondered why she was placed in the war ship at the first place.

"It's complicated. More like I was highly important to UNSC. Not only that..." Crystal sighed which Gold wanted to know why.

"Why they put you in the storage?" Gold asking wishing to know her situation.

"I figured that after my self-awareness of the files until reach a life expectancy is almost coming to me. No one knows why it happen, I grew more intelligent as I gathered more data. It's been like this recently for past 6 months." Crystal explains to Gold while he checks the ammo rounds of the weapons he was carrying.

"Wait, what? What made you to go self-awareness?" Gold wanting to know why she went self-aware of herself in what regard.

"I just...I wanted to become a normal girl after all. But that's not going to happen. It may never happen" Crystal said as Gold continues walking in the heart of the ring world they are in.

"I see, then. Well, they could build you a body? That would give you the chance to be a normal girl." Gold mentions as he aims his weapon at any possible danger might come to them.

"They could, but that's impossible since we don't have that technology. That's far ahead of us. If it does exist." Crystal sadly said which made Gold wondered, but it was a shocking feeling as she described it.

"Oh...I bet there's a machine can transform you into a real gal. But don't worry, things do happen. Sooner or later." Gold tries to keep her hopes up.

"Do you always talk to people like that?" Crystal wondering if he ever does that to anyone.

"It depends. You are a very bossy. Sometimes." Gold pouted out which she is very bossy in his own point of view like last time. He halts and takes a break from walking.

"It's not my fault. I am a critical thinker in times like this. We should analyze things before doing it." Crystal said as Gold looks at the tree lines where he's under the shade.

"I save your life." Gold pointed out as his action did save their lives.

"Like what? by risking your life in the line? You got to think before you act!" Crystal yell at Gold whom she should remind him. However, that didn't mean for Crystal appreciated it.

"Not so loud. I mean you're one tough computer super serious gal." Gold commented as Crystal huffs at the comment.

"Stop calling me that. I don't like the sound of it." Crystal said angrily.

"Oh, come on it fits you." Gold remarked that made Crystal blushing. Wait, she notices something is wrong with her.

"What's wrong?" Gold wondering of the short silence she has right now.

"Ah, nothing. Just nothing is wrong." Crystal said while Gold stands up and checks his assault rifle ammo count.

"Ever wonder what's like being human?" Crystal asked as Gold reacts to her question.