Halo 2 Arc Chapter 19: beginning of the end

-Moments before returning to Earth-

The Dexholder squad are helping the Arbiter and Sil Ver fighting the Brute forces along with some allies they gain along the way. With help of the Rtas Vadum and Lan Ce who aid them with the Wraith, that they realize that they must reach inside before it's too late. They realize that the Scarab will break the Control's Room door will open.

Rtas Vadum and Lan Cee give them time to hold off any reinforcements. They join with Spec Ops Elite with two hunters who aid their fight as they take out Brutes out. One of the Marines spotted Johnson jump to the Scarab as they help Stack and Banks to take out the Brutes.

Then the Scarab started moving as to find that Johnson is helping the Arbiter which the Dexholder squad provide ground support. The two Banshees arrived as the Elites give Arbiter and Sil Ver something to fly to give Johnson support. They clear out of the Wraiths guarding the entrance.

They got a clear shot to blast the doors open. Both Arbiter and Sil Ver counter some Brutes as they slaughter them. They are followed by the Dexholder squad along with Sergeant Johnson. They stopped Tartarus at the right moment. Tartarus is not please that the Arbiter is alive.

"Sil Veree! But How!" Orm shouted as he prepares his weapon. He didn't expect Sil Ver to be alive since he was dropped into the pit.

"Put down the icon, Tartarus." Arbiter said as Tartarus was in disbelief that Arbiter is still alive.

"Put it down? And disobey the Hierarchs?" Tartarus in dumbfound what he has said,

"There are things about Halo even Hierarchs don't understand." Arbiter said as Orm and other Brutes step forward which Tartarus wave off.

"Take care, Arbiter. You say is heresy!" Tartarus shouted knowing that Arbiter is wrong on the great Journey.

"Is it what you believe? Oracle, what is Halo's real purpose?" Arbiter asked to Guilty Spark to know the truth about Halo rings.

"Well, a collectively of seven..." Spark said until he was cut off. Tartarus grab a hold of Guilty Spark.

"Will you shut up! NOT ANOTHER WORD!" Tartarus growl at Spark with a threat to end its existence.

"Please! Don't shake the light-bulb. If you want to keep your brain inside your head, I'd tell your boys to chill." Johnson said with accompany by Dexholder Squad aiming their weapons at him. Johnson as he nods to Red. Red understood as they aim at the Brutes while Johnson aims at Tartarus.

"Go ahead. Do your thing." Johnson said as he said to Arbiter.

"The Sacred rings. What are they?" Arbiter asking to Guilty Spark to know about the Halo Rings.

"Last resort weapons build by Forerunners to wipe out the Flood hosts to render the parasite harmless." Spark said as he gives the information which Arbiter takes heed of Spark's words.

"And those who made the rings? What happen to them?" Arbiter asked as Sil Ver stares at Orm with hatred.

"After wasted all strategic options, they activated the rings as they wipe out their selves and all sentient life within the range as planned. Will you see the relevant data?" Spark said as Arbiter lowered his head in sadness to realize what they nearly done to activate the Rings meant they did fought for nothing.

Sil Ver listens what Spark meant that everyone in the Covenant was lied and betrayed by the Prophets all for what? The whole war was a lie and they had killed so many innocent all for Prophet's greed and power? He killed innocent race that has no knowledge of the Forerunners' intentions of the sacred rings.