Halo 1 arc Chapter 3: Dark Secret of the Ring

After escaping from the Covenant cruiser, Gold flies as he's inside the banshee discover a island with an opening. He flies in there as huge tunnel was so amazing which Gold seen. Not only that, Crystal was amazed by the ringworld as in terms how it was made.

"What's this going to?" Gold wondered as he goes deeper in the tunnels. He guides the Banshee into the tunnels. It's so massive that it could fit a very small warship or at least a small spacecraft around it. More path reveals as they enter where things could be lurking in the tunnels.

"I wonder this tunnel will lead us to?" Crystal sarcastic doubting his flying skills as he flies the banshee into the tunnel.

"Glee, I wonder?" Gold pouted out with hint of annoyance. Gold flies around as he finds a way to an entrance to get out of the tunnels. Only light they see was the way back at the entrance, but hoping they can reach the end of it where to wonder where they are.

"You do know you can stupid sometimes. Why did Captain Keyes entrusted to you?" Crystal wondering why Captain Keyes entrusted him to protect her. Although reckless he is, Gold did save her from being exploited by the Covenant forces to reveal the location of Earth.

"Yeah, I heard that all the time." Gold replied as he landed on a strange pad nearby. He gets out of the Banshee and prepares himself for an attack. However, he stops to see something. Dead covenant bodies are lying around as if they were killed by someone who got there before him.

"Man, someone did the work here." Gold remarked to see dead bodies along the way, but disappointed that he wanted the action. That's better than having to face an entire army. He had to fight his way out in the ship he was in.

"Oh, well at least no enemies around here and those are here are dead." Gold said as he pokes the body of the jackal with a stick which it appeared out of nowhere.

"I see." Crystal remarked as Gold enters the door to see more dead bodies ahead of him.

"Well, I get moving and I have to carry you in my head." Gold said as he turns on the assault rifle's flashlight to know where he's going. More dead bodies are lying around and often with bullets along with plasma wounds.

"At least I can give you advice in battle." Crystal remarked what happen to last time. She is very thankful that Gold could force the Covenant battalion unit to retreat to battle. That somehow admired Crystal of Gold's reckless, but very luck-based strategy and tactics unique like Master Chief's methods.

"Thank you for the info." Gold complain to Crystal for her knowledge to his extent to annoy him which he considered her as a nuisance than a helper in contrast. They continue to walk in a long way. It seems to go on forever to Gold's tiredness and getting bored with constant walking until they have reach to the Halo command center which it was a long walk, but they were stragglers along the way which mostly by Grunts and Jackals who didn't get killed by Master Chief.

That pleases Gold to kill them with joy which much to dismay to Crystal, but knew what he should do. He continues his path where the Master Chief went. Only covenant stragglers can pick up a weak fight against Gold with much ease. Gold would a crack a joke to the grunts who run away that even they attempt to run away from him. All the grunts were not so lucky ended up dead.

"OK, someone forget to kill those guys and. Whoa! Look at this place is huge!" Gold screamed to see the wonders that why this ring world can hold a place such as a large room which to his own surprise. He goes near the terminal, but doesn't noticed the lights are blinking that something is not right.

"Look, connect me to that terminal." Crystal asked to Gold.

"OK." Gold puts Crystal into the terminal. The blinking goes blue to red when suddenly another AI appeared, it's Cortana herself.