Halo 1 arc Chapter 4: Getting started

Outskirts of pillar of autumn after avoiding and killing the Flood, Gold made it at last. It was long and difficult drive for him and to endure worse of the worse. A way about Crystal knew that Gold would make it. She has faith in him to press on despite the chances to survive were slim to none.

"We're here at last. Finally, after a long drive. It took me hours to get there." Gold cheered after exhausted from his violent trip leaving behind piles of corpses of the flood and covenant units behind him.

"It can be worse from here." Crystal mentions they go to through to get to the ship. It was countless enemies they never had to endure.

"Well, there are aliens are trying to kill us, but there are zombies doing the same thing. How about we escape from this dumb ring and go home?" Gold said as he walks near the opening holes of the Pillar of Autumn.

"The ship is still intact. Let's find a craft to get us out of here." Crystal said as Gold understood while looking for entrance, but they found a hole in the hull of the ship.

"So, let's get moving." Gold said as they get inside of ship and find the craft. Gold gets lost in the ship again. Unknown to him, Master Chief got inside Pillar of Autumn as to set up detonate the ship self-destruction. They were in a mission to grab Captain Keyes' neural implants in order to blow up the engines to cause a chain reaction will destroy the ring.

"Great, where's the hanger bay? I keep forgetting where I'm going." Gold complained wondering he forgot where to go to. Sudden alarms and the red lights are blinking that give Gold a scared.

"What the? Alarms? We're not in space! Unless..." Gold panicked to know what is going on with the ship is trying to blow up.

"NO, this ship is about to explode!" Crystal said as Gold runs for his life to find an air craft.

"WHAT?" Gold shouts as he run in the hallways.

"Don't worry about this. We have enough time to get there." Crystal tries to calm him down, but he had to ask.

"How long I want to know?" Gold wondering what sort of time they had before it happens and he doesn't want to witness it in first hand.

"About 3 minutes and the hanger is about 500 yards ahead." Crystal stated as they kept moving as things are tearing apart.

"Fuck! We have no time for this. Let's go! " Gold cursed out as explosions are occurring everywhere. After getting to the hanger to see the last broadsword fighter, Gold sees Master Chief running to the last fighter. The Flood appeared which made Gold to run with his life even more.

"Wait for me!" Gold shouts as it gotten Master Chief's attention.

"Chief!" Cortana shouts as Master Chief turns around to see his fellow spartan running for his life.

"Help me!" Gold said as Master Chief grabs his hand to get Gold inside the fighter.

"They are coming close!" Cortana said as the explosion rock the fighter, but the two spartans take their seats.

"Here we go." Master Chief said as they strapped in and the fighter got out in the nick of time. Gold made it and the only survivors are the Spartans and other marines who made it out of ring world. They seen the ring exploded in the distance and fled via by Pelicans. They did made contract with Master Chief once they were in range.

"Man, I'm so alive." Gold sighed as he sat down on the floor. He can relax for now and relief can take over from the sheer crazy events they gone through.

"Yeah, but I don't this is over." Crystal remarked as the fighter has stopped for everyone to witness destruction of the Halo ring.

"What you think that?" Gold wondered what she meant by that, but Chief comes to Gold.