Halo Reach Arc Chapter 17: First Crop of the Corn

Forty minutes before Super Carrier Destruction

While Noble 6 and Jorge are engaging Covenant forces on space front to enter inside of the Covenant Supercarrier, Long night of Solace". However, back in the ground where massive covenant attack force is upon the 12th Marine Regiment and currently they are preparing to evacuate the base. They are gathering what vehicles to get the marines out of the base, but only one battalion has volunteer to get their comrades out of the base.

Dexholder Squad was constantly fighting against relentless waves of Covenant forces, but they are getting weary of the constant fighting. Only 15 are left as they lost three members from the battle before. Two M831 troop transports and single m12 Warthog LRV came near the main battle line.

"Are you the Dexholder squad?" One of the UNSC officers comes to Sergeant Felix.

"You and your squad will be relieved, but you will take the vehicles to head to shelter base in Manassas." UNSC officer explains that they are falling back with rest of the regiment or what's left of it.

"We will be facing heavy resistance?" Felix wondering that the Covenant will not let them go that easy.

"Well, there is heavy resistance. We have no choice. Get your squad out of here. We are going to need every marine for Earth! Go!" UNSC officer said to him as Felix goes to the Dexholder Squad. They stop firing when they heard his order and come to him.

"Everyone! We are leaving this place, but I want Wally to take the 50. Cal on the warthog along with Yvonne and Xavier as driver. Rest of us will be on the Troop transport. We will be encountering a lot of covenant bastards along the way." Felix explains to the dexholder squad as they understand of his orders. Everyone in the squad get on their vehicles as Xavier takes the driver's seat and Yvonne takes the shotgun of the warthog while Wally gets on the .50 turret.

"I'm afraid of this." Wally said with sweat in his helmet, but he knew that he must do this. He has seen three of his comrades killed outright.

"Don't worry, we will make it." Yvonne said to Wally as she reassurances him that they will make to the fallout shelter for remaining USNC forces in the area.

"Let's go!" Felix shouts as the three vehicles are moving out with the rest of the vehicle column. It wasn't long when they got out of base to reveal more Covenant forces appear before them and facing under fire. Wally open fire the turret as he tries to cut any Covenant forces down. He takes vast groups of Uggory, Sangheili, and Kig Yar who were unlucky to get in his way.

"How are you doing kid?" Felix said as he kept driving along with the way.

"I'm doing fine, sir. It's just we are facing a lot of fire!" Wally said as he felt numb firing the .50 caliber minigun.

"Just keep it up! We will might make it." Felix said as they kept moving, but the resistence is growing stronger while vehicles are passing through. However, there's a Sangheili is loading needle rounds in the Needle rifle. He waits for it until he opens fire to hit Wally in the neck. His body fell near Yvonne and Xavier which Yvonne saw this.

"What happen?" Felix wondering who has been hit.

"It's Wally!" Xavier said as he kept driving.

"What's his status?" Felix wondering of the condition of Wally has, but he hopes he's wounded.

"Sir...he's dead." Xavier broke the news as Yvonne checks Wally with a sad face that their comrade was killed by a covenant needle.

"Xavier, ne vous arrêtez pas! Je vais prendre le minigun .50 calibre." Yvonne said to Xavier who takes a quick look at her, but turns back to pay attention on the road.