Halo 2 arc Chapter 7: Regret

Covenant

Age of Reclamation

Threshold system

At High Charity, Sil Veree was promoted to Special Operations division by recommendation by Gio Vanniee, his father who held power in the military chain of command. It was out of his generosity of him to give such worthy position in the Special forces of the Covenant. After all, he had provided himself to against the Flood where many of comrades had fallen to. Sil Veree's new commander is Rita Varamee whom an old friend to his former commander while he goes to the debriefing room with his new custom spec ops red armor.

"Elites, we have new task. This heretic intending to endanger to the Great Journey. Our orders: Kill him and take down his entire organization in order to protect the sacred ideas of the Covenant. We are sweeping this under the rug." Rita Varamee tells the group. He turns on the map of the gas station. It was in the gas giant planet where sacred ring was once located before the demon has destroyed it.

"The heretic is located in this platform of the gas station. Originally, he was on recon and scan for sacred objects until he went rogue after he turned off communications with the fleet. The arbiter will assist us to kill this heretic. But the heretic has secured the station and has guarded the place. So we have to go in quiet and swift. Understood?" Ria Varamee explains the orders as there are no questions to be asked.

"Good, prepare your equipment and head to the phantoms." Rita Varamee said in order as the meeting is over. Sil Veree was stopped his mentor, La Ncee. He was once his trainer during his youth and often regarded as one of best sangheili warriors he was ever lived.

"First mission, I presume?" La Ncee asks the young sangheili as he loads his weapon for the upcoming mission.

"Does it? My former commander is now the arbiter?" Sil Veree said as he received the mission among the Spec Ops sangheili that Thel Vadamee was supposed to be hang with his entails, but the High Prophets consider him as a candidate for Vadamee to regain his honor by death as Will of the Prophets.

"He has shame himself for failure on the Halo ring." La Ncee aware that the trial of Vadamee's failure to protect the ring was his own fault despite his efforts to contain the flood.

"Can I say that he did what is right? It was the demon's fault to destroy the ring?" Sil Veree pointed out. But there was another one that he met on Reach. It would the last of that Spartan which he nearly defeated him in Reach, but he returns alive on the sacred Ring. He did swore to kill him and be worthy of his skills in combat.

"Hmmm, if that was the case to protect and did what he has to do? But he has failed to defend." La Ncee reply as they head to the Phantom dropships.

"What doesn't matter? I encountered one before." Sil Veree pointed out that there was more as La Ncee notices what he meant by that.

"What? There was another?" La Ncee begs to know why he meant there was one he encounter a demon before.

"A gold one if I recalled. I met him once. Reckless I must say except he was willing to save an A.I." Sil Veree explains shortly as La Ncee takes note of the demon he describes to be.

"This "demon" skills are?" La Ncee wondering what of his combat affects in the battlefield.

"This one was different from the demon that blown up the ring. He was more...pragmatic you say." Sil Veree sigh as he closes his eyes knowing that the golden spartan was a lot different than the Master Chief demon.

"All demons are." La Ncee reassurances that they are the same and can be defeated easily if to consider how dangerous they are.

"Like how?" Another Sangheilie voice said as another Special Ops Sangheili named, Sur Gee came bumping in the conservation.