Halo Reach Arc Chapter 13: Crescent before Dawn

Earth

Year 2549

In the island of Hokkaido where Tomakomai is located lays a big mansion where a young girl around 12 years old waking up. An old man appeared with clothes on his hand as he comes near the bed. It was her servant whom served the family for many years, but born before the events of the Covenant invasion.

"Good Morning, Missy." The old man said as she gets up in bed to see the rays of sunlight hit her face.

"Good Morning, Gramps." The young girl said as she rubbed her eyes.

"The day is today. You're about to send off to military academy. And your clothes are based on the academy's uniform, but at top quality." The old man said as he shows the outfit for Virginia Military Institute or known as VMI. It was only he heard that UNSC has ordered all military collages to lower the age limit for great need of officers for the upcoming battles.

"Thank you. It's just my first time to be on military academy, I don't know what to expect." The young girl said whom is no other than Platinum, the daughter of Berlitz family whom her father works with Rowan as assistant along with her mother. They sent her to a military academy due of the children of high-ranking officials of the UNSC. It was her first time to experience the outside world even the planet to see the galaxy. She put on her uniform which it was a white cadet's uniform and put on two rings on her fingers, Diamond and Pearl.

But that wasn't all, her father has sent two bodyguards to assist her in the academy except her mother disapprove of this has offered alternative way. They both agreed not to send bodyguards; they let her to experience on her own. Soon, they took Platinum off into Virginia Military Institute, one of the best UNSC military schools.

Over the years, the VMI has lowered admission age due of the war as the UNSC has taken over all military academies since the formation of the UNSC. Due of the losses in other academies in the colonies, they make to do with the military academies in Earth. Her trips will not an easy one as the plane travel from her mansion to Virginia. It is in United Republic of North America and United States.

The plane soon landed on Virginia as the limo driving her to her VMI. There she sees young cadets being drilled and trained for war, but has uneasy feeling about this. The limo starts as they bring her to the dean of the university. The Dean was looking at the window until he turns around to face young Japanese girl. He sighs knowing this is going bad for UNSC to face such problems against the Covenant.

"So, what we have here? What brings you to our fine academy?" The dean asked in his southern accent.

"Hello, Dean James. My name is Platinum Berlitz. I'm from Japan. My father has..." Platinum said meekly until the Dean cut her off.

"You know my dear, this institute don't receive younglings like yourself in peace times except we are fighting a war forcing my cadets to graduate at earlier age. I have no choice to lower the admission age because of this. But I can't argue against the UNSC because of that. I do assure you, this military academy is no walk at the park. This fine Institute has produced fine officers of the UNSC even the Army and Navy as well. I hope you do well in this academy. You're sleeping in the room with the note I given you. You may leave, missy." Dean said as he told her while giving her the note.

She got up and left the room as the Dean watches the window. She walks down the hallways to see the cadets doing their free time like writing, painting, reading, playing video games, and other things. She reads her note where her room is until she reaches the door. She opened the door quietly until she found with minor shock. It was two boys practicing a comedy routine and surprising Japanese as well. The boys turned to face her.