Halo 2 arc Chapter 5: Heretic

Covenant High Charity

Night Age of Reclamation

In the ruins of the Halo Array, a covenant ship passes as more ships forming around a massive space station named High Charity. It was the entire Covenant where amassing where once the Halo ring was once before. Having numbers to crush the human forces at its path, but things are what they appear to be.

The station lies within where a Trial of the Supreme Commander of Fleet of Particular Justice named, Thel Vadamee, whom supposed to protect the Halo Ring. The trial proceeds on the verdicts and, in the background, lies a group of Prophets where there was a female prophet grinning evilly. She chuckles at the sight was somehow amusing her.

"It seems that he failed to protect the ring, I hope this goes well." the female prophet said as she thought, but mistress to Prophet of Truth whom presides the trial. She held great political power in the Covenant and overseeing the religious aspects of the covenant. In the seats of the Councilors were the Elites, who presides one of them was an Elite named Gio Vanniee.

Gio Vanniee is one of the most respect member in the High Council. His service was noted with his skills in combat. He sees the case with evidence as how this commander followed the human ship that evaded his ships and landed on the Halo ring. Thel 'Vadmee stated his case to the Prophets, but faced by the council members. The mention of the flood bought to the issue as the members debated one another.

"Thel Vadamee had to contain the parasite to preserve the Covenant." Gio Vanniee argued. Despite of Thel Vadamee's effort to contain the monsters along with Sangheili, but San Shyuum beg to differ as they knew a destroyed ring brought shame to the beliefs of the Covenant. It seems that the trial is to be against the former commander.

"Surely, Vanni there must be a reason for this." La Ncee counter argued to Gio Vanni as he turns to another Sangheili.

"The commander has his reasons." La Ncee stated as he was there during the events on the Halo ring.

"Agreed!" Pry cee, an elder Elite pointed out. Pry Cee may be older, but he's one of the members of the High Council. He respected that commander may did what he had to do.

"That destroyed Halo Ring that ruins our chance to begin the Great Journey." San Syuum member pointed out that the demon had destroyed the ring. The Prophets stopped their bickering. Truth appeared to understand the Commander's case which he mentions the demon.

They argue over the case. Among the Brutes beside Tartartus is his loyal guard, Orm, chuckles with him. After the Prophets has issued the case to brand him with the Mark of Shame, Tartartus ordered his brutes to take him away. After the case was over, Gio Vanniee goes to his barrack along with the others.

"How was the trial go, father?" Sil veree asked, moving out of the shadows.

"To say the least, your commander deserves the Mark of Shame." Gio Vanniee replying to his son was like all Sangheili, born from their fathers, but raised by their uncles. It wasn't until he found out that Sil Veree was his son before he gave them an officer rank in the army.

"You must understand what we did was what we had to. The flood...." Sil Veree reasoned. He comes near to his father much to say that in fact the prisoner is his former commander. He knew that his commander did what he had to do. He faced the flood at cost of his battalion. He narrowly survived from Halo's destruction and recovered by Thel Vadamee's ship.

"My son, the Great Journey allows no mistakes and no heresy." Gio Vanniee emphasized. Sil Veree leaves the room, disdained. He knew what he saw at the Ring and the loss of his battalion affected him. He knew the case's punishment is unfair. All he can do is to join his father to witness of the branding.