Chapter 11

(Tris' POV)
I feel bad for the person I'm going to be getting. Christina decides to come with me to witness. The first person we see is my father.
Wait, what?!
"Is today like, the day where faction leaders are supposed to visit other factions and the faction leaders give a presentation? Is it that day?!?" I ask desperately. My father is a faction leader in Abnegation. He'd been recently promoted. Christina giggles in response.
"I may or may not have forgotten to mention that."
"CHRISTINA!" I scold loudly. Of course, this grabs my father's attention.
"Beatrice!" My father yells and Christina's eyebrows raise slightly. She never knew my full name.
"I go by Tris now, dad."
"Ok Be-Tris." He says, totally unaware of what's coming.
"Oh my gosh you know what I realized?! My toilet is clogged and I have no idea how to unclog it!" I shout and he gives me a strange look.
"Follow me!" He follows me and father back is Christina, video taping us as usual. He sees all of my friends with no shirts and his eyes widen.
"What were you guys doing?"
"Nothing inappropriate," I answer. I can tell he wants to say something else but refrains from it. It's probably too 'selfish.' When we get to the bathroom, he sits down and looks at the toilet. I hear laughter in the background.
"It doesn't look clogged," he says simply. I push him to the side and then splash a lot of water in his face. Ugh, I feel so bad.
"It's ok now!!" I fake giggle like I'm supposed to and run out of the room faster than light.
"BEATRICE PRIOR!!" He yells angrily but then calms down realizing that that was 'selfish.' I'm so glad I left Abnegation.
"I'm leaving now," he mutters and walks out of Zeke's apartment.
"I can't believe you guys made me do that!!" I shriek and they all laugh. Christina shows us the video and they all crack up again.
"Ugh moving on, Zeke truth or dare?"
"Dare!!!!!" I smirk. Let's see if he has no shame like his brother.
"I dare you to go outside and propose to the first person you see and act along with everything whether they are angry or happy. Then, follow then around for 10 minutes trying to convince them." He glares at me and looks over at Shauna. She nods slightly.
"I'll go," he mutters and leaves the room.
(Zeke's POV)
Damn stiff had the best dare. It's going to be mortifying. The first person I see is my mom. Two words:
Oh. Shit.
"Hey mom!!" I say as happily as possible.
"Hey Zekie how's Dauntless treating you?" I groan internally. Of course she's going to make this harder.
"Well mom, it's been uhhh, ok. Listen I need to ask you something." I pull out the pickle from my pocket and get on one knee.
"I love you so much mom, will you marry me?" She just stands there and doesn't say anything.
"Now, Zekie, I know you love me, but you should know that you don't marry your mom." How long has it been? A minute? God, I have to do this for 9 more. Curse you Tris. I'll get you good after this!
"But mom I love you. Please accept my ring." I say while pointing to the pickle. Now she just looks shocked.
"Are you on drugs?"
Did she just go there? My mom??
"No!!" I shout forcefully.
"Then what the hell are you on?! This isn't the normal Zekie that I know!" My mom never curses. She must be mad.
"Have you been recently diagnosed with mental insanity?" My eyes widen. How does she come up with this stuff?!
"No."
"Emotional disorientation?"
"No!" I say. The temptation to cover my face with my hands is so high. But I can't.
"Trauma?" She continues.
"No!!!"
"Oh I know.." She squints her eyes at me and moves closer.
"Have you taken too many happy pills, Ezekiel?" She says rather loudly. That was the last straw.
"MOM!!!!!! NOOO!!!" I screech and it echoes throughout the pit. By now, basically everybody is watching us. I just put my face in my hands.
"You're so embarrassing!" I groan.
"I'm a mom. That's my job." I look up at her for a second and then face palm myself.
"Mom. Your job is to embarrass Uriah, not me." I say slowly, stressing each word. I look at my watch. 2 minutes left.
"Any job concerning you 2 was finished long ago, Ezekiel. The only thing I'll do is help you guys and be there for you no matter what." I groan out loud this time. Oh course she's going to be all gushy now.
"Mom. For the last time. My name is Zeke. Not Ezekiel. And definitely not Zekie!" She rolls her eyes. Wow, that's like, me refusing to eat Dauntless cake. That's how rare it is. Possibly never happens.
"I can call you whatever I want, Zekie." I face palm myself again and look at my clock. 10 minutes are over. Thank God.
"Gotta go mom see ya bye!" I yell and run back into the apartment. Everybody is literally rolling on the floor laughing.
"Too many happy pills Zekie?" Uriah says in a high pitched voice and giggles hysterically.
"I will get you back, Tris! So watch your back!!" I say and point an accusing finger at her.
"Oo so scared!" She says sarcastically. I grin evilly.
"You better be!" Four gives me a sour look.
"Don't lay a finger on my girlfriend." I roll my eyes.
"Or what? I'll face the wrath of the all mighty Four!" I say in a tough guy voice. He says back to me,
"That was a horrible impression of me. But yes, you will."
"Oh my gosh guys we should have like a truth or dare week!" Christina shrieks.
"Yeah!!"
What have we gotten ourselves into??