Part 10 ~ The School Dance

Start from the beginning

She grabs me and tries to kiss me. I push her away. "I don't even know why I'm still in this room, I'm outta here!! I'm so fucking out of here!" I yell. 

"No, baby! PLEASE STAY! . . please! let's talk this through! I'm begging you, Michael!" I sit down on the bed. Not because I wanna stay but because I'm starting to feel lightheaded. I can't see straight. 

"Michael, are you ok?"

"Shut up!!!"

"Michael, Honey . . I needed time . . time to think about what I really want!"

"AND WHAT TO DO WANT?! HAVE SEX WITH EVERY FREAKIN' GUY IN SCHOOL?!"

She slaps me.

Without hesitation, I grab her and push her up against the wall next to her bed. "I LOVED YOU!! I LOVED YOU WITH EVERY PIECE OF MY HEART!! AND THIS IS WHAT YOU DO TO ME? I'M SO OUTTA HERE!!!"

"MICHAEL, PLEASE STAY!! I'M SORRY!! I'M SO SORRY!!"

"GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME!!! YOU'RE NAKED AND I DON'T EVEN GIVE A FUCK!! THIS IS HOW MUCH YOU DIGUST ME RIGHT NOW, KEISHA!! GO AHEAD AND FUCK ALL THE GUYS IN SCHOOL, I HOPE FOR YOU THAT YOU GET PREGNANT AND HAVE THAT FREAKIN BABY!!"

"MICHAEL! I want YOUR baby!!!"

She grabs me and pulls me back into her bedroom. I pick her up and throw her on the bed. She starts crying. "Stop crying, Keisha . . it's not gonna change the fact that I hate you! you crossed the line, you went too far . . I can't do this anymore!"

"MICHAEL! I love you! . . call me anything you want, call me a whore, call me a slut . . call me anything . . but please stay and tell me you love me!" 

The way she looks at me with tears in her eyes makes me feel weak all of a sudden. No . . I can't stay . . I just can't . . she cheated on me . . I don't deserve this . . I deserve better . . I DESERVE SO MUCH BETTER THAN THIS!

"I will not call you a slut because I have a little thing called RESPECT for people!! I would never call any girl that word . . and you fucking know it! I don't want to love you anymore, Keisha . . I don't want this shit anymore . . I'm done"

"Yes, you love me, Michael! YES, YOU DO!" She jumps on top of me. . we're now laying on the bed. She's sitting on top of me, looking me deep into my eyes. "I know you love me, Michael! you know you do!" Then she kisses me. 

"You love me!! see? you're kissing me! you're not pushing me away! this is how much you love me, Michael!!" 

I push her off of me and get up. "DO YOU SEE THOSE TEARS IN MY EYES? YOU CAUSED THEM! THANKS FOR CHEATING ON ME, THANKS FOR OPENING MY EYES AND SHOWING ME WHO YOU REALLY ARE!" I yell and rush out of the house.

I take out my phone and call Chris . . he's probably asleep already but this is an emergency . . he'll be there for me . . I know . . he always is. I wait for Chris at the gas station. He arrives five minutes later. We agree that he's going to spend the night at my place. I'm glad. I really need him to be there for me right now. 

"Mike, I'm sorry . . Keisha is a nasty slut!"

We walk upstairs to my room. Chris sits down on my bed. I close the bedroom door behind me and start crying. "Come on, dude, you'll find someone else, I'm sure! you don't need that bitch . . you deserve so much better!"

I turn on the TV. "Yea, I know . . but I love her . . this sucks so much!!"

"Mike, you don't love her . . you only think you do because you're hurt right now . . you're over her! you know you are . . after what she did, there is no turning back . . your relationship with her is down the drain, dude"

The door opens.

It's mom. 

"Aww, Chris! it's been while! nice to see you!"

"Nice to see you, too, Mrs.Jackson . . is it ok if I sleep here? sorry for coming over so late" Mom smiles at him. "Of course it's ok . . are you guys hungry? there's a midnight snack on the kitchen table for you two . . I'll be in bed . . good night!"

She walks up to me and kisses me on my forehead. I hate when she does that in front of my friends . . but it's alright, I guess . . it's just Chris.

NEXT DAY

I wake up feeling a tad bit uncomfortable. What the hell? What is Chris doing, sleeping on my freakin' shoulder? "Dude!! you're sleeping on top of me!!" I push him off of me . . his drool is on me, YUCK! 

"Chris! get the hell up! we're gonna be late for school!" He opens his eyes. "Where the hell am I?!" I start laughing. "You're at my house, you idiot . . did you forget? why the hell did you sleep on top of me? your head was on my damn shoulder when I woke up!"

"Really?! . . well, sorry, but in my defense your bed ain't that big and I need space!" The door opens . . mom walks in with two bowls of cereal and orange juice. "Good morning my two little cuties . . have some breakfast!"

"Thanks, Mrs.Jackson!"

"Thanks, mom!"

Chris and I dig in. "Mike, there's a school dance on Saturday evening . . who are you gonna take?" I shrug. "I don't know . . what about you? are you gonna ask Katie? you know, she's crazy about you, Chris"

He forces a smile. "I know . . not sure yet . . but I think I'll ask her . . and who are you gonna take? you can pretty much go with any girl you like, they're all dying to go with you, Mike" I laugh. "No, not ALL the girls . . some of them, maybe . . but I'm not really sure who I'm gonna ask . . I hate thinking about Keisha going with some other dude, I'm definitely not going to ask her . . no way!"

"Of course you're not going to ask her!"

"I have to think about who I'm gonna take . . to be honest, I'm not even in the mood to go to that dance . . the thing with Keisha is just making me too damn upset, you know? . . I can't have fun at a dance when I still have the picture of her fucking this dude in my head"

"I know how you feel, Michael . . but yo have to get over it . . fuck her . . she's not even worth a thought in your mind . . go with someone you really like . . not just some hot girl . . take someone you can have fun with"

I take a sip from my orange juice. 

"I think I know who I'm going to ask . . yup . . I think I know"

"Who, Mike?"

"You'll see it at the dance . . you're taking Katie, right?"

"Yea . . I think so . ."

"Good, Chris . . Katie really likes you and she's not a slut . . she's a good girl . . I never heard any kind of negative rumor about her going around"

"That's true!" Chris adds, pointing his finger at me. 

_______________________

I just got done taking a shower. "Chris, you can go now! I'm done!" I yell. He slowly opens the door, not making eye contact with me. "Umm, when are you going to be done, Mike?"

"I am done, can't you see? you can step into the shower now, Chris"

"Umm . . alright" He takes off his boxers and jumps into the shower . . is he embarrassed to see me naked? . . why isn't he looking at me when he's talking to me?

"Oh, damn . . you used all the shampoo, Mike . . can you hand me a new bottle?" I open the mirror cabinet and hand him a full bottle. He doesn't even look at me, what's his problem? why no eye contact? 

~ Jordyn's point of view ~ 

I just arrived at school. Everyone is talking about the school dance on Saturday . . I don't even wanna think about it . . 'cause I'm not going . . no one's gonna ask me anyway.

To be continued . . .