Part 8 ~ Michael's Little Sister

Start from the beginning

I nod. "Yea"

"Do you have to go home?" She asks. 

"Yea, I guess I do . . but before we go home, I wanna take you somewhere . . wanna come with me?" She tucks her hair behind her ear. "Yes, sure . . of course I wanna come with you . . where do you wanna go?"

". . Just follow me, ok?"

~ Jordyn's point of view ~ 

I'm walking next tot Michael. My heart is racing in my chest. I have no idea where he's gonna take me. I feel so much joy in my heart right now . . but also unbearable pain. "We're almost there, please give me a minute" Michael says, getting down on his knees.

What's wrong with him? I hope he's ok.

"Are you alright?" I ask. He gets up. "Yea, I'm ok . . don't worry about me . . let's keep going" A few minutes later we arrive at the cemetery. Oh my gosh. Why did he take me here? Why did Michael bring me to a cemetery? . . I don't think I can handle this.

I look at him. He's trying really hard not to cry. He walks over to a bench and sits down. "I'm so sorry, Jordyn . . please give me just a minute" He says. I don't even know what to say . . I have no idea why we're here. I never was anywhere near a cemetery before.

This place is making me feel really bad inside. Michael walks up to a tomb and gets down on his knees. "Hi, Monica . . little princess . . I miss you . . I came to say hi to you . . and I brought a friend . . her name is Jordyn"

I'm on the verge of tears . . this is too much for me. I can't take this. Michael looks up at me. "This is my . . my little sister's tomb, Jordyn"

I get down on my knees next to Michael. 

"I'm-I'm so sorry, Michael . . I don't know what to say . . I'm so terribly sorry" Michael puts his arm around me and gives me a kiss on my cheek. 

"She was bullied . . every single day . . the day she took her life, everything changed. My mother isn't the same anymore . . my father started hitting me out of frustration . . my mom has trouble sleeping at night . . I'm . . I'm sorry to upset you with all this, Jordyn . . but I felt the need to tell you about this"

Michael starts crying. 

And so do I. 

This is too much for me to handle.

"I never brought anyone here before . . you're the only one, Jordyn . . and the reason for that is . . I don't want the same thing to happen to you . . my sister was the most beautiful girl, she was so pretty but she hated her body . . everyone made fun of her . . I couldn't make them stop, as hard as I tried . . they literally bullied her do death" Michael stops talking.

He turns away from me to inhale and exhale deeply. I feel so sorry for him. You can see the pain he's in right now. I wish there was something I could do for him. Seeing him like this breaks my heart. 

"I . . I could've done more for her . . I could've done more . . she wanted to kill herself and I didn't even know . . how can a big brother not know??" He says, covering his face with both hands.

"I'm so sorry Michael . . I don't know what to say . . I'm so sorry for your loss" 

"Jordyn . . I don't want the same thing to happen to you . . when I look at you, I see her . . I couldn't help her . . but I can help YOU" Michael says, getting up from the ground. Then he hugs me. "I'm sorry for bringing you here . . I just had to share this with you . . I hope you're ok"