85 | kakashi cannot baby

"Remind me why I'm visiting a baby?"

"Because you're a nice person on the inside." I stated firmly, dragging Kakashi by the wrist. "Deep... deep on the inside."

"I'm nice to you." Kakashi protested.

"That's different." I rolled my eyes. "And besides, I think your definition of 'nice' is different to mine."

"But why do I have to visit a baby?" Kakashi asked again. "I really don't see the point, he can't even sit up, let alone walk and have an intelligent conversation."

"No, but it's nice to talk to Teren and Kanari, and just see the kid." I replied. "You're really hopeless, you know that?"

"I think your definition of 'hopeless' is different to mine." Kakashi said sarcastically.

"Oh, get over yourself." I rolled my eyes and knocked on the door. Teren opened it, and smiled when he saw us.

"Hey guys. Come on in, Tsumari and Garake are over for the day as well."

"See, Kakashi? I told you it was a good idea." I said smugly.

"It's not a good idea." Kakashi said. "I'll do something wrong, I know it."

"It's fine." Teren said. "You're a friend."

"Yes, but I'm also an assassin trained to kill." Kakashi pointed out. "I don't have the right skill set for handling little kids. Or just kids in general."

"Once upon a time, you were a little kid."

"Twenty-one years ago." Kakashi sweatdropped.

I looked sideways at Kakashi and shook my head. "You're weird. So where's my baby?"

"My baby is in the sitting room with the others," Teren said pointedly.

"Alright." I darted around Teren and into the sitting room. The first thing I noticed was a little play mat which Damaru was lying on, chewing a tiny teddy. He was wearing a white onesie, typical of babies, but it just looked adorable against the tanned skin he'd inherited from Teren and the little fluff of white hair on his head.

"Hey, Miyoshi." Kanari greeted. She was sat on the couch with Garake, and Tsumari was down by Damaru.

"Hey." I grinned, getting down to my knees by the baby. "How's my little ninja today?"

Damaru gurgled, then attempted to fit the entirety of a rubber duck in his mouth. He managed up to the head, which I had to admit was impressive for a baby.

"That bad?" I shook my head. Damaru started babbling, mostly nonsense. I gasped dramatically. "Daddy woke you up? I'll be having stern words with him, don't you worry, baby."

"Now she can talk to babies. Miyoshi Uraka, everyone."

"I didn't bring you here to be a downer, Kakashi." I rolled my eyes. "Look how cute he is. That is my baby right there."

"I don't recall you pushing him out." Kanari said.

"No, but I do recall pulling him out." I countered. "Plus I'm basically his aunt, he's mine."

"But he's mine too, right?" Kanari said, her tone implying that if I said no there would be consequences.

"He's just a baby!" Kakashi groaned.

"Kakashi, come here." I didn't wait for Kakashi to reply, but I reached up and pulled him down into a sitting position by grabbing his wrist.

"What?"