Lunch With Dr. Wonka

Willy pulled me up, and we walked out of the Luminous Lollies Room, heading for the glass elevator.

"There is one more thing I have to check," he told me, smirking.

"What is that?" I questioned with a cocky eyebrow.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out," he giggled playfully, and I sneered at him, smiling.

We stepped into the elevator, and he pressed a button labeled Cavity-Filling Caramels.

"Really? What'd you make that for and when?" I asked, glancing at the button then back up at him.

His violet eyes rested on mine and he said, "Sixth candy I sold. No more dentists."

I nodded, figuring he made it when he was mad at his father.

As the elevator whizzed out, Willy slipped his gloved hand into mine. I smiled at the contact, and kissed his cheek impulsively. He flinched and peered down at me.

"What did you do that for?" he asked.

I smirked and said, "Just wanted to surprise you."

"You do that with everything you do already," he shrugged, still in a minor shock.

I smiled wider and said, "Good to know!"

The elevator slowed to a stop, and we entered a much smaller room with a huge manufacturing machine wrapping around the cream-colored walls. The rather steampunk-looking machine dispensed these roundish, square shaped caramels. Which are apparently meant for filling in cavities.

"How do they work?" I wondered as he trotted up to the dispenser. He picked one up and spun on his heel, showing me the chew up close.

"This clever little caramel fills up those gosh darn cavities so you don't have to get them filled in by that terribly painful procedure that dentists do," he explained, both bitterly and joyfully. "Kids also no longer have to suffer anxiety or fear going to the dentist for getting their cavities filled!"

I looked up at him skeptically, and erupted into laughter. His grin slowly fell, and he cocked an eyebrow at me, proceeding to squint in slight irritation. "What's so funny?"

I said in between laughs, "The fact... that... you made a... a candy for... dental purposes just tickles me. The irony is unreal." I exhaled a deep breath, sighing out my last giggles.

He didn't show any sort of reaction, except for a bit of irritation, turning around to place the chew back into the large basin that held the dispensed candies. He then turned around and passed me, going towards the elevator.

"Willy, I'm sorry," I said, worrying I hurt him. He then turned on his heel and looked me dead in the eyes, no humor in sight. I searched his for a moment, and, suddenly, he grinned, kissing my cheek.

"I'm not hurt by that," he whispered. "I was simply baffled with your sense of humor."

He planted a kiss on my forehead, then pulled me into a hug. I smiled and wrapped my arms around him.

I heard somebody clear their throat, and we immediately stepped away from each other, glancing around to see who it was. An Oompa-Loompa was standing there with his arms crossed, and then giggled in his high voice. I blushed, and Willy did too, swallowing his embarrassment.

The little worker walked up to Willy and handed him a little letter. Willy took it with a creased brow and asked the Oompa-Loompa who it was from in their native sign language. The worker signed back, then walked back to his assigned station. Willy thanked him as he left, not looking at anything else except the letter.