Up and Out

Willy looked around the room, and then back at Charlie. A goofy, excited grin slowly appeared onto his face. "Oh, my dear boy, but that mean's you've won!"

He took Charlie's hand and shook it vigorously. He smiled wildly, and exclaimed, "Oh, I do congratulate you. I really do. I'm absolutely delighted. I had a hunch you know, right from the beginning. Well done. Now, we mustn't dilly, or dally. Because we have an enormous number of things to do before the day's out!"

He grabbed Charlie's wrist and broke their handshake, letting him go. He turned and strode to the elevator, continuing on. "But luckily for us, we have the great glass elevator to speed things al—"

He ran right into the elevator. He fell backwards, onto the floor. Charlie looked at me and I looked back at him, fighting a fit of giggles, trying not to hurt Willy's feelings. He must've been so embarrassed...

Willy stood and brushed himself off, fixing his hat and pressing the elevator button.

"Speed things along," he finished, grinning nervously. "Come on."

Charlie noticed the button he pressed, and questioned Willy, "'Up and Out'? What kind of room is that?"

Willy grinned maniacally and said, "Hold on."

The elevator shot upwards, gaining ludicrous speed. I glanced at Willy, fear crawling up my spine. He winked at me, and instead of blushing as I normally did, I got nervous. He looked up and said in a daze, "Oh, my goodness. We're gonna need to go much faster, otherwise we'll just never break through!"

Charlie asked, confused, "Break through what?"

I had a frightful idea what Willy meant.

Willy didn't answer. Instead, he stated, looking at Charlie, "I've been longing to press that button for years."

He looked back up, and I followed his gaze, seeing that my conclusion was increasingly correct. He announced wildly, "Well, here we go. Up and out!"

I was shaking like a leaf. I asked, "But do you really mean...?"

Willy looked at me, his tone ecstatic, and said, "Yeah, I do."

I practically shouted, fear rising in my voice, "But it's made of glass! It'll smash into a million pieces!"

Willy looked back up and laughed crazily, and I gripped onto Charlie tightly, screaming on the inside. I dared not to look up, and soon I heard glass shatter, but our momentum didn't slow. I opened my eyes, regretting it the instant I blinked.

We were at least two Wonka chocolate factories high, the elevator entering the clouds. Willy gave me a spacey look, then stared at nothing, that same maniac grin plastered on his face. I freaked out, inhaling tightly when I felt the elevator slow.

And then we were falling, my stomach climbing up my throat. I tried to scream, but my vocal cords refused to work, and I buried my head into Charlie's neck, hugging him in terror. I looked down regretfully, and thought we were going to crash into the factory. I gasped, and my gaze flew to Willy, and he noticed my fear. Without even the slightest change in his expression, he turned and pressed a button.

The elevator stopped immediately, and I sighed in relief, fighting my upcoming bile. Willy smiled gently at me, his wild craze no longer in sight.

"You okay?" he mouthed to me. I nodded, swallowing. We both observed the earth below, and I saw the other guests come out of the factory.

Augustus was covered in chocolate, and Mrs. Gloop looked terrified for her son as he ate the chocolate off his fingers. He himself was probably part-chocolate now.