Dr. Wilbur Wonka

Willy pressed another button, landing the elevator safely onto the snow. He frowned uncomfortably at the stark home, clearly having regrets. I squeezed his hand, letting him know that it'll be okay. He smiled minutely, grateful.

The glass elevator's door opened, and we walked out into the freezing cold, a light snowfall drifting within the sweeping winds of the north.

I shivered, my hands trembling and dropping rapidly in temperature. Willy must've felt my hand shake, because he took off his large black, fur-collared coat, and draped it over my shoulders. I slipped my arms through the sleeves, and took his right hand with my left, wrapping my right arm around his. He smiled at me, but it disappeared as soon as we reached the ominous building.

Charlie walked up the stairs, and knocked on the door, Willy and I following in pursuit. The chocolatier made a face when we reached the top of the steps. There was a residence plaque by the door, which stated, Dr. Wilbur Wonka, D.D.S. Dental Practitioner.

"I think we've got the wrong house," Willy said to Charlie and I, and upon noticing the plaque, he frowned, looking away in disgust. I squeezed his hand and bring it to my lips, kissing it softly. I smiled sheepishly at him, letting go of him completely.

The door opened, revealing a man in a dentist coat standing before us. He had an intimidating demeanor with graying hair and small, simple reading spectacles. His voice was like dampened gravel. "Do you have an appointment?"

"No. But he's overdue," Charlie answered, pointing to Willy, who had a sheepish smile on his face. He did not want to be here.

Dr. Wonka motioned us in, and I took Willy's hat off for him, placing atop of my own head. Willy raised an eyebrow before grinning goofily. I fought a giggle and sighed.

Dr. Wonka then directed Willy to his dentist chair, sitting him down. I turned around, looking at Charlie. He pointed at all of the different newspaper clippings Dr. Wonka had on his wall and table.

"Open. Now, let's see what the damage is, shall we?" I heard Dr. Wonka say to Willy. I glanced at him, throwing him an assuring smile. He glanced back, then stared at his father.

I returned my focus to the clippings, and flipped through a little album, reading the headlines of the newspaper articles.

An article was titled, Youth Lead The Way In The Candy Business.

Wonka opens candy store in town center, another headline stated. A wrapper of one of the very first Wonka Nutty Crunch Surprise milk chocolate bars was taped next to the article.

One announced, Opening of world's largest factory.

Next to the album was a frame with a young boy, whom I think was Willy as a child. Probably the only picture of him that Dr. Wonka had before he left.

Another said, Confectionary market astounded by rising Wonka sale figures.

Unemployment rate drops as Wonka expands factory.

Wonka boosts local economy.

Willy's factory not only brought joy to everyone, but it helped our economy... never did I ever think of that, since I guess we suffered from poverty.

And I didn't know that Dr. Wonka would care about Willy's huge candy success, being a dentist, for one. Also, Willy didn't have good relations with his father, I'm assuming...

"Heavens," Dr. Wonka exclaimed. I turned around, observing the two. Dr. Wonka had his little dental mirror in Willy's mouth, and stated in wonder, "I haven't seen bicuspids like these since... since..."