The Birthday Tour

As we rode down the chocolate river, we sat in peaceful silence. I was almost getting sleepy before Willy exclaimed to the Oompa-Loompas, "Wait a minute!"

They stopped, and Willy quickly exited the boat, turning around to take my hand. I again took it, and he pulled me close to him, whispering, "I must show you this."

He led me towards a door, and when he opened it, the smell of fruits and other sweet things wafted toward me. He pulled me down a hallway, and we stopped in front of a creme-collared wall. Multiple columns of assorted fruits were decorated onto it.

"What's this? It seems to be just some simple fruity wallpaper," I observed.

He nodded, and said, "But...?"

"It smells like actual fruit," I stated.

He grinned and explained, "Lickable Wallpaper. For nursery walls. For little babies and kids to occupy themselves with since they may not be able to have solid fruits yet."

He motioned me to the wall. "Lick an orange; it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple; it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it!"

I smirked and faced the wall, deciding to lick an apple. It tasted exactly like an apple would and should. "Oh, wow."

He smiled at my wonder, and I licked another fruit. "Mmm, got a plum."

He giggled lightly and he, too, licked a fruit. "The banana's my favorite. It was one of the hardest fruits to recreate a taste for, since the flavor isn't impactful that very instant it reaches your tongue."

He grinned pridefully, and I beamed at him. "It's fantastic! They all taste so real."

"Isn't it? Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!"

"Snozzberries?" I looked at him incredulously and burst into a fit of giggles. "What's a snozzberry?"

"Berries from Snozz bushes, Snozz trees, Snozz vines... a tangy berry-kind, at that," he laughed, playfully sarcastic. I grinned and rolled my eyes.

"Come along, come along!" He took my hand again.

I pulled his hand back and said, "Let me have one more lick."

I faced the wall and licked a banana, and smiled. He grinned and giggled at my childish ways. He then led me out of the Lickable Wallpaper For Nursery Walls Room.

"This room is far more interesting," Willy whispered excitedly. He pulled me around the corner of the hallway, and I gasped at the sight.

"Fizzy Lifting Drinks," Willy announced. He walked me towards the middle of the room, up to this odd metallic contraption that was blowing hundreds of bubbles out into the air.

"Where're the drinks?" I asked him, popping a bubble with my finger.

"Something very unusual in here. Bubbles, bubbles everywhere, but not a drop to drink. Yet," he murmured in a daze, finishing with a dazzling smile.

"What do the drinks do?" I wondered, leaning on the machine gently and crossing my arms.

"They fill you with gas, and the gas is so terrifically lifting that it lifts you right off the ground. Like a balloon!" he exclaimed with a light laugh. "Look up. Look, look!"

"Oh!" I gasped, looking way up and seeing a fan pull the bubbles up towards the sky. I gaped at the ceiling above me. "Isn't it high!

"Gosh! Can I try some?" I placed my hand on his arm, turning my gaze to him. He grew hesitant.