Chapter 11: Road Kill

Bella's P. O. V

After what happened yesterday with Nickolay seeing Thea, i decided to go back home to see my brother. When i walk into my house the first thing that i see is mess. The house is so messy it looks like no ones cleaned it in months. When in reality i cleaned it last week. 

"Sam! are you here?" When i hear no response i sigh and make my way to the kitchen. There are dirty dishes and empty food packets everywhere. It's honestly so disgusting. I open the cupboard that is under the sink and i pull out some garbage bags. I place the bags on the counter and i put my hair up into a bun on the top of my head. I put my hands on my hips and i sigh. 

"This isn't going to be fun" I mutter to myself. First things first I've gotta put gloves on because I'm not touching anything with my bare hands. 

After about two hours the house is finally clean. I never want to clean again. I walk back into the house after putting the last few bags of garbage in the outside garbage bin. I walk over to the kitchen sink to wash my hands, but before i get to the sink i hear a door open and close. I quietly walk into the living room to see who came in. But when i see the person my heart drops. 

"D-Dad um, hi" He turns around to face me and the look on his face means he wasn't in a good mood. Luckily i cleaned up the house, i thought to myself. "Arabella i haven't seen you in a while, I've missed our father-daughter nights," He says with a smirk. I don't say anything i just stand there looking at him. He beings to make his way over to me, and when he is standing in front of me his hand reaches up and touches the side of my face. 

I don't register what happens until i feel the sharp stinging pain on my cheek. He just slapped me. "You left just like your mother did, now you're going to pay" 

After what seemed like forever my father finally left. Now i was laying on the kitchen floor covered in my own blood and tears. My body is in so much pain and i can feel my ribs throbbing from where my dad kicked me repeatedly. I reach my arm up to grab onto the kitchen counter, and slowly pull myself up.  My life keeps getting better and better. First, my best friend goes missing, then i find out the guy i liked was the bad guy and now my father took all his anger out on me what else can go wrong?

A knock on the door snaps me out of thought. I slowly make my way over to the front door by supporting myself on the wall. I peep through the peep hole on the door and i see Léon standing there. I don't think he's going to like my appearance very much, considering i have blood all over me and my hair is probably a mess. Yippee, the guy i think i like is going to see me looking like road kill. I slowly open the door and i watch as his happy face turns into something much more dark and serious. 

"What in the hell happened to you?" His accent was so strong i almost couldn't understand him, i just shrug in reply to his question but i dont think he liked that answer very well. "Arabella, what happened to you?" His voice was quiet and deep like he was plotting someone's murder. 

"I just had to deal with something," I say as if its no big deal, but in reality, my whole body is hurting and i feel like i will pass out any minute. Léon still doesn't like my answer, so he walks into my house and closes the door behind me, trapping me inside with him. The look on his face tells me that he's worried but also angry. I don't think an angry Léon is a good Léon to deal with. 

"Once i help clean you up you will tell me everything got it?" His harsh voice finally breaks the silence. I just simply nod my head and i gesture him to follow me upstairs into my bathroom. Once we make it to my bathroom he helps me sit on the sink, so he can clean my cuts better. The silence between us makes me uncomfortable, i don't like it at all. So i decide to tell him what happened. 

I take in a breath and i begin to tell him what happened. "When i came home today the house was a mess, so i decided to clean it. But once i finished cleaning my uh my dad came home." I could see Léon tense when i mention my dad, i could sense that he knew that what comes next won't be good. "He was angry, like always. So he did what he always does to let off some steam. He hit me, and one hit turned into another and eventually it turned into kicks and punches. But i think you get the point"

Léon stopped cleaning the cut on my wrist, and his head slowly lifted up to make eye contact with me. His eyes held so many emotions, I could definitely see the anger in his eyes but i couldn't make out what the rest were. "So you're telling me that you father, beats you?" Léons voice was void of any emotion. He sounded like a robot. "Yes, that's exactly what i'm telling you" My voice was quiet, fragile, weak. Something i never wanted to be. But yet that's exactly what i am in this moment. Léon's hands gently grabbed my face, and his thumbs caressed my cheeks slowly. 

"I promise you ma lumière that man will never lay his hands on you again" His voice was filled with determination, and i believed him. To seal his promise Léon did something i never thought he'd do. 

He kissed me.