8: Super Spy Who Can Pick Locks

Bella's P.O.V

"So whats the plan Jan?" I say while i plop down on Dallas's couch. He lifts his head up from looking at his laptop screen and raises his eyebrows at me. "How did you get into my house?" He questions with surprise clearly evident in his voice. I just shrug my shoulders and point to the front door. "The door was unlocked" I say as i play with a strand of my hair. "Bella my front door was locked" Dallas states as he stands up from the couch.  "Oh, well i must be super spy or something to get into your house" I say glancing up at him. 

He's standing in front of me with his arms crossed over his chest, he doesn't look impressed with me. "Or you just picked the lock like a crazy girl" i look up at him and i stand up from the couch. "Or im a super spy who can pick locks" I look up at him with a grin and i walk around him and head into the kitchen. I can hear his footsteps trailing behind me.

"So what're you doing here Bella?" i hear Dallas question from behind me, i glance at him from behind my shoulder and i shrug. "I was actually coming here to see what the plan is to save my best friend" Dallas sits down on one of the stools placed next to the kitchen island. "Before i tell you what the plan is, i want to ask you something" 

All i hear is silence. 

Like complete and utter silence.

 So i turn around to face Dallas. "So are you going to ask me or are you just going to sit there in silence?" i question while munching on some chips i found in his cupboard. 

"What's the deal with you and the French guy?" 

"You mean Léon?"

"Yeah him" I just shrug my shoulders at him. "Nothing, he moved in next door to me and i've only spoken to him a couple times, so theres nothing going on with me and him." 

"Oh really? cause thats not what it looked like" 

"Dallas shut your face, theres no time for romance or anything like that, we need to find Thea" 

"Romance aye?"

"Dallas im very close to punching you in the face" He holds his hands up in surrender and then he sighs. "Fine, sit down so i can tell you the plan of action" I slowly walk over and sit down next to him, i place well more like shove a handful of chips into my mouth and i chew obnoxiously loud. "Bella please refrain from irritating me while i explain things to you" Dallas says as he runs a hand through his hair. "Ok fine" I say as i shove another handful of chips into my mouth. Dallas gives me a irritated look, and i just give him an innocent look. 

"So whats going to happen is, Léon's been asked by my father to have some of his men help out my dad and his gang. So Léon is going to send his men in undercover to scout out where Thea is and how they rotate guards and stuff. So once we figure out all of that we can be in and out to get Thea without anyone noticing and of course ill be there to help out as much as i can without being noticed." 

"Thats actually not that bad of a plan, good job stupid" I say whilst patting him on the head. He just rolls his eyes and whacks my hand away from him. "Anyways i'm gonna walk home but ill probably have to see your ugly face later" once i leave Dallas's house i start my long walk home. 

Am i a bad friend? 

I mean cause i hate to admit it but my attention has been on a guy, and i've not done a lot to contribute to finding Thea. Will she hate me? Does she hate me? i wonder what she would do if she was in my position. 

Shaking my head to clear my thoughts, i hear footsteps not too far behind me. I glance over my shoulder and i see a tall dark figure walking behind me with a hood to cover their face. I quicken my pace to try and put more distance between us. But as my pace quickens i can hear the person behind me and their pace quickens. I fumble in my pockets to reach for my phone. I quickly unlock my phone and i call the last person on my calls list.

"Ma lumiére what can i do for you?" The familiar voice floats through my ears and it calms me down a little. "Léon hey um where are you" I say shakily into my phone. I can hear something over the phone, it sounded like shuffling. "Ma lumiére whats wrong? are you ok?" I can hear the concern in his voice as clear as day. Before answering him i look over my shoulder again and i still see the same figure behind me, but they arent as close to me as they were before i called Léon.

"I... Uh-- I think someone is following me" Again i can hear shuffling on the other side of the phone. 

"Ma lumiére are you walking?" 

"Yeah, i'm walking home from Dallas's"

"Ok where abouts are you?"

"I'm about to walk past the park"

" Ok I need you to walk through the park and head towards the swings, then once you get to the swings I want you to walk straight ahead and keep walking until you hit the tree line."

I nod my head while I listen to him, but then I realise he can't see me nodding so I reply with a 'mhm'. I can hear rustling on the other side of the phone, making me think that Léon is doing something. I can hear faint voices but I can't make out what they're saying. I was too absorbed in the phone call I didn't even realise I've made it to the tree line.

"Léon I'm at the tree line, what do I do now?" I say while I look over my shoulder to see if they person was still behind me. The person is now sitting on the swings watching me.

"Don't worry Ma lumiére my brother will be with you shortly" He says softly. I hear leaves crunching towards my left so I glance in that direction and I see Nickolay walking towards me.

"Your brother just got here" I say while not taking my eyes off of Nickolay.

"He's going to take you somewhere, and I want you to do what he says ok? he's going to keep you safe, and he can't do that if you're going to be stubborn." I laugh a little bit when Léon mentions me being stubborn.

"Ok I will be on my best behaviour, scouts honour"

We say our goodbyes and then I shove my phone back into my pocket. Nickolay is leaning on a tree staring at me. I raise my eyebrow at him and he does the same. I smile slightly and then I start to walk towards him. Nickolay glances behind me at what I'm guessing is the person who was following me. Then he looks back at me and then he moves so he's standing besides me, he then slings an arm around my shoulders and begins walking. 

A/N:  For some reason wattpad didn't publish the rest of this chapter, so this chapter ends weirdly so thats why some stuff has been added, and it might be a little different because i had to change some stuff.