|1| Something New

The loud pitch alarm clock goes off, waking me up from my slumber.
   "Are you fucking kidding me?!" I press the button in a groggy state. The alarm keep beeping obnoxiously until I yanked the cord from the wall, falling backwards, tumbling over my basket of clothes, and landing on my bum. I lay there and start to laugh like a mad man.
   "Oh great, is this how my day is going to be?" And so, the story begins.

---

"Hey beautiful Beau!" My boss yells out as he walks into the room. I shine some dishes behind the bar while giving him a sarcastic smirk.
"Ha ha ha, very funny Aaron, like I haven't heard that before." He flashes a big smile at me, as his sits down on the stool in front of me. He motions at me while he speaks.
"Be a sweetie and pour me a water why don't yah?" He sits his paper work down, skimming through it. I grab one of the clean glasses, putting ice into the cup then the water. I slide it across the bar top, flicking a straw at him.
"You're going to love the band tonight. Sounds like the lead singer got something on him, that people dig. Which means I'm digging to." I watch him take a sip of his ice water, as he writes down on the paper.
"Can't wait." I smiled at him before I went back to cleaning.

---

    Before the night starts, the co-workers and I love to prep ourselves by chit chatting around the bar and having a cig.
   "Can you believe what happened last night? I'm still laughing how that guy tried to sit on your lap Beau but he fell right on his ass!" Everyone laughs as I motion me kicking.
   "Yeah cause I would've kicked his ass! You saw what I was thinking when he tried!" We all rolled with a belly laugh. I notice the new band setting up out of the corner of my eye.
   "Have any of you ever heard of Grand Central? Aaron says they're tight." I look over at them while I take a drag.
   "They got soul, rhythm, and funk." Carl whispers. I shrugged.
   "Eh, I'll belie-" Frances interrupts me.
   "Damn look at that tall guy, he's pretty sexy." I look up at him, and couldn't agree more.

---

Once the band started playing and the people started rolling in, we were slammin'! Nothing could get better than this. We're all getting high on each other's energies and fumes, it's amazing. This is what I definitely live for, this buzz! I love socializing with everyone around me and by the time it's over, I just want to keep going! Once it was closing time, all of us gathered around and counted our tips. I was in charge of counting the main money, but had to wait till everyone else left. I'm the senior employee here, so that makes me in charge. I used to be just a host but once I turned 18 and was the legal age to serve alcohol, I got my license and now look at me.

"Damn, how much tips you got B?" Wanda looks over my hand.
"It's because of these." I playfully squeezed my breasts together at her as we both laughed.
"I got ass and titties, so I'm making extra dollars." Tina slammed her tips down on the table making us all rawr with laughter after she makes a stupid pose.
"Alright, gotta call it night girlies, see yah tomorrow, same time, same shit." Frances waved us off.
"Me too sis, gotta call it quits." Tina quickly hugged me before following her out the door. I got up and went over to the bar, polishing the glasses and putting them away. I admire the men dismantling their instruments on the stage while continuing the polishing. I sit down the finally glass quickly, walking away. Following me, was glasses falling clashing, breaking against the floor. I close my eyes as my body tenses up. I look up at the stage and notice all of them looking at me.
"My bad," I said to them before turning around, noticing every. single. glass. I just polished broke.
"Mother fucker." I bend down, sweeping the glass together with my cloth.
"Aaron is going to kill me." I groan.
"No he won't." A deep voice spoke above me.
"Yes he will! What do you want?" I said before looking up. I notice the singer standing above me, crouching down to help me. I sit up and smile at him.
"You really didn't need to help me." I said while grabbing the dust pan. I held onto it as he pushed the glass in it with the cloth. We both stand up, me throwing the glass into the trash.
"You got a broom around here?" He asks, looking around the room.
"Oh yeah it's over there." I pointed near the entrance, where he walks over too. He brings back the broom handing it to me. I smiled at him.
"Thank you." I begin to quickly sweep the rest up.
"No problem." He sits down on one of the stools, resting his head on his hands, watching me.
"How loud was that?" I asked starting to write down what I broke.
"So loud it make the acoustics rumble." He teased.
I blushed with embarrassment.
"Oh god, I'm so fucking stupid sometimes. Y'know when I woke up this morning I said "I'm gonna fuck up." All day long, and look at this." I sighed writing the final estimate.
"$300 fucking dollars, can you believe it!" I slapped the paper down on the bar before being over, reaching into my purse under the bar.
"Here," he speaks. I look up at him and see him handing me the money. I blush again.
"No, no no, thank you I appreciate it but I m-"
"No, just take it. But you owe me something." I gulped standing up, looking at him.
"W-what do I owe you?" I looked into his deep amber eyes as he stares into me.
"Hmm, a conversation if you're down for it?" I let out a loud laugh and nod my head yes.
"You seem pretty cool, wanna chat here?" I asked as I walked around the bar. He turns to me, while I sit down next to him.

"What's your name?" He asks, which for some odd reason made me slip a laugh.
"Oh, just call me B... what's your name?" I looked at him. He smiles at me.
"My name is Prince." I furrowed my brows at him.
"Prince? You're serious, I can tell. With that... you're name is awesome! Wow you gotta tell me why your parents named you that." I smiled at him before reaching over the bar grabbing plastic cups. I sit them in front of us before filling them up with soda as he speaks.
"Well my parents had a band, called the Prince Rogers Trio. That's that." I took a sip before talking.
"That's a pretty odd way to figure out your sons name... but it works and it's pretty amazing." He smiles and looks at me.
"My name is Beaulieu, after my grandmother. Passed down through many generations but now, since I "fucked" up I guess they disassociated me with her, and the family." It got quiet so I awkwardly laughed. He takes a sip of his drink.
"How did you fuck up?" "Wow, that's a first." I said in my head. Usually once I slip a life problem people always run away.
"I like girls..." I shrugged taking another sip. He didn't looked shocked at all.
"I guess that's why I moved out here because people around here doesn't seem to care what you are. Y'know. It's just certain areas you can't go flaunting your gay or-"
"Be black?" Yeah I know." We smiled at each other and continued to talk for hours. It could've lasted till the sun came up, but unfortunately I had to go home.
"Is it really 4am?" I said while looking above the clock above his head. He turned his head, looking in my direction.
"Shit, I haven't stayed up this last since California." He let out a painful laugh. After he told me what happened with him and his ex, I feel bad for him, but also have a admiration for what they did for each other.
"Do you have a ride home?" He ask, standing up and stretching. I noticed, the bus and train didn't run at this hour, so I didn't.

"Thank you for the ride." I said, reaching into my bag. I wrote down my number and handed it to him.
"As long as you're not like the other guys, I'd be glad to hang out with you." We shared a smiled before I exited his car.