Jerome

I watched out of the window of the room, I couldn't sleep. I had been up all night thinking about the clues. I couldn't make them make sense and it didn't make sense at all. But she must think that I would figure it out, or else she wouldn't try.

Suddenly there was a movement on the empty street, two guys suddenly appearing out of nowhere. I kept my eyes on them as they walked to the corner of a house, I couldn't see them when they walked into the darkest place on the street, the corner had no streetlights. But I didn't stop looking that way, trying to figure out where they had gone.

I don't know how long time I stared at the corner until I saw three shadows getting just so I couldn't see their faces in the streetlight, but I knew it was the two guys and that they were staring at this house. Maybe the last person was a girl, they had longer hair at least, it was hard to say without seeing more than silhouettes.

All three of them was gone as soon as they had come, disappearing in the night. But I couldn't stop thinking about them, I just thought of them being there. What had they been doing? And what did the house mean to them?

"Jerome, why are you awake?" I suddenly heard someone ask, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Couldn't sleep" I replied, not turning from the window.

"Have you been up all night? It's almost 7AM dude" Rob told me and looked down to my wrist, checking the time on my watch.

"Yes, it is" I told him, finally turning to look at the bearded man. "Why are you awake?" I then asked, turning the attention from my sleepness night.

"I have a decent sleep schedule and went to bed in time" Rob replied simply.

"Are you going out for a run?" I asked him, noticing how he was dressed like he was going to.
"Yeah, Preston and Landon is coming too" Rob replied.

"Can I join?" Rob shook his head as a reply to my question. 

"I won't take someone who hasn't slept at all out for a run, get some sleep instead" Rob said and I sighed. 

"I can't, I have too much on my mind to sleep" I replied standing up from my seating place by the window, I didn't feel tired. 

"Go to sleep Bacca" Rob tried again. "And then when you wake up you can tell me what's on your mind" he then added. 

"I can't sleep, and I can't tell you everything I'm thinking about" I told him and walked to my wardrobe to pick out my clothes. 

"Jerome, you can't go on a run when you haven't slept at all" Rob tried again.

"I won't go on a run, I will go for a walk instead. Get some air to help my thinking" I replied changing to a pair of sweaters and a BajanCanadian hoodie.

"Jerome..." Rob began, but stopped himself as Preston and Landon came to the door. 

"Good morning, you ready Rob?" Preston asked.

"Yeah, I'll be down in a second" Rob told Preston, still looking at me with his arms crossed over his chest. 

"Good morning guys" I greeted the two boys before walking past them. "Have a good run, I'll see you at breakfast" I then added before running down the stairs and walked out of the door before Rob could stop me. I had to clear my mind a bit if I would learn what those clues meant.

Sherlock Minter vol 4जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें