Chapter 17: Just pick her up.

"Addison your dad is coming home tomorrow!" Mum excitedly screamed from downstairs.

"Are you serious?!" I screamed running down the flight of stairs.

"Yep, for good this time. He's finally going to work from home like he requested to do months ago."

"That's made my whole fucking week, scratch that. Year."

"Mine too sweetheart"

I'm not sure how long my dad will be working from home for but all I know is it will be at least two or so years, it will be extremely weird since he hasn't been around everyday since I was a little kid. He loved his work and he was really good at it, we never wanted to keep him from his job just because I was born.. I encouraged him as much as I could, it's hard at times but when I saw him it made it more special. We knew he loved us and was working hard to support us, if we needed him he was there.

"Not long to go now, look at you! You're about to pop."

A knocking on the door interrupted our conversation and soon enough Demi walked into the kitchen where we were both standing.

"Hi guys, sorry was I interrupting something?" She asked shyly, looking adorable. 

"Hi dem, my favourite daughter in law" mum gushed hugging her.

"Mum please, no one will ever beat me.. I'm a blessing."

"Of course, I made you." She winked

"I was just telling mum how big she's gotten, literally a few months left to go! Also dads coming back tomorrow for good."

"You're glowing so much Ally, pregnancy suits you so much! Oh my god that's amazing, can't wait to see him again." Demi gushed excitedly hugging my side.

"Fuck we need to get the nursery ready and everything!" I said stressing while walking up and down the kitchen, mum literally has two or so months left and what if the baby comes early?!

"Ad, calm down it's okay we have got plenty of time!" Mum said laughing.

"You have like 2 months left! What if the kid comes early, how are you so calm!" Jesus, most parents have their nursery up and done way before the due date.

"I have you guys, plus your father is coming back so that's plenty of people to get a room ready. Would it make you feel better if we go shopping now to get a few things?"

"Let's go bitches, we are going baby shopping." I shouted grabbing my keys and walking out the front door.

•••

"My sister needs the best of everything, let's start from this end." I said grabbing a trolley and walking fast.

I was beyond excited, this is my sibling for god sakes! Not entirely sure what I'm meant to be getting as I haven't been around many other kids. Many of my friends had siblings so they knew the basics but nope not me, first time for everything.

"It's so cute watching you get all excited, you're going to be an incredible sister." Demi whispered kissing my cheek.

"You're going to be a good sister in-law" I winked and watched her smile grow.

We haven't officially gotten back together yet, we're just taking it slow and enjoying each other's company. I forgot to mention that I did indeed make it to the top three for the singing contest and with graduation around the corner I'll be singing there, with a surprise performance from the one and only Demi.

"What colour girls?" Mum asked holding up different coloured curtains.

"The pale pink" Demi and I said at the same time.

"Perfect."

"Thought of any names?" Demi asked

"I haven't really thought about it, what do you think Ad?"

"Uh, Sophia?"

"I love it!"

"Sophia Rose Smith" mum announced smiling widely.

"Glad that's settled!" She added.

Walking around and practically buying the whole shop, we might of got a tad carried away but oh well my baby sister deserves the best.

There was little kids everywhere, some were incredibly adorable and others were little brats.

"Just wanted to say, thank god it's you having the kid and not me." I stated patting mums shoulder.

"thank god it's me and not my little baby, but why? What's so bad about kids?!"

"Nothings wrong just when they do my head in I can give them back, these kids screaming and being brats I can't."

"Don't worry ad, our kids will be little angels."

"Well of course, if they aren't.. you're dealing with them."

"I cannot wait to be a grandmother! For what it's worth don't wait until I'm 60"

"Dude you're about to pop one out I think that will be enough for at least 10 years."

"But our kids could be best friends!"

"Mum stop encouraging me to get pregnant, Sophia and I will be best pals that's enough."

"I know baby girl, you'll be the best sister."

Feeling something touch my leg I look down at these two adorable identical twin girls, one was playing with the rips on my jeans and the other one was hanging around Demi.

"Hey cutie, how old are you?" I questioned kneeling down to her height.

"Three"

"Where's your parents?" The little girl looked at her sister and shrugged her shoulders.

Turning around I couldn't see any parents running around looking for their kids.

Demi picked the other girl up while I held this ones hand and walked around the shop trying to find the parents.

The little girl started to get upset and i was freaking out looking at Demi trying to figure out what I'm meant to do with someone's kid.

"Just pick her up babe"

"I don't want to pick someone's kid up, what if they deck me!" Demi just looked at me and laughed.

"Fine"

Picking the little girl up she stopped crying and was playing with my hair.

"Let's try and find your parents."

Walking around for five minutes we saw a young guy running in our direction.

"Oh thank god! Samantha and Lilian! Thank you so much, they like to play games on daddy and run away!"

"It's no problem at all, glad we could look after them." Demi said giving the now crying girl back, she didn't want to leave Demi where mine was completely happy to go back to the father.

"Why are you scared to pick up someone's kid?" Demi questioned laughing.

"I don't know I just don't feel right doing so, I wouldn't want some stranger touching my kid."

Finding mum at the register we walked over and helped her with the shopping.

"Demi I swear if Sophia likes you more than me you're out. Done. Gone. Got it?"

"I can't help that kids love me and you're scared of them."

"I'm not scared! I just don't have a motherly instinct to pick someone's kid up."

"It will be different when it's your own or a family member ad, I saw you with the girl you were fine! At least you didn't run away." Mum said laughing.

"The kid would of just went to Demi even if I did."

Demi was a natural with kids, she knew just what to do. I guess you wouldn't be a teacher if you had no connection with kids.

// sorry for late update I have been super busy.