Chapter 13: Perfect, shes everywhere.

Why the fuck did I just say that? I was out of the classroom before I could blink, I'm such a mess. Why can't I just be like a normal person and forgive her?

Maybe this is what I needed, she's seen me vulnerable way too many times and I'm just going to be a burden on her. It will be better for her if she dates someone her own age, someone who's at the same level as her - got a career going and not still in high school. I have a few weeks left but I'm better off with someone who's safe to date or better yet stay single.

Walking down the corridor I see signs stating that there is a singing competition for all those graduating and the winner will be singing at graduation, I love to sing but I'm extremely shy when it comes to things like this.

My mum has always tried to encourage me to do things that scare me to make me not so shy and more outgoing, maybe I should sign up and hope for the best. Writing my name down I saw a few people who I recognised they were good singers this is going to be a tight competition, the try outs were tomorrow. Fuck, that's not enough time to pick a song and rehearse.

Deciding to skip the other two classes and head to the music room which was completely empty, I looked up songs that I loved so I could sing them right now.

My favourite song breathe me, I sat at the piano and started playing while singing the lyrics;

Help, I have done it again
I have been here many times before
Hurt myself again today
And the worst part is there's no one else to blame
Be my friend, hold me
Wrap me up, unfold me
I am small, I'm needy
Warm me up and breathe me
Ouch, I have lost myself again
Lost myself and I am nowhere to be found
Yeah, I think that I might break
Lost myself again and I feel unsafe

Be my friend, hold me
Wrap me up, unfold me
I am small, I'm needy
Warm me up and breathe me

Be my friend, hold me
Wrap me up, unfold me
I am small, I'm needy
Warm me up and breathe me

I finished playing the piano and I was an absolute mess, this song is so incredibly beautiful and fit so well with how I'm feeling.

I heard clapping and I almost died from embarrassment, I turned around to Demi leaning against the wall with tears streaming down her face.

"That was incredible." She said slowly walking over.

"I uh, have to go." I said wiping the tears and fixing up my make up with the camera on my phone.

"Please, stay." She whispered.

"I-"

"I haven't read your journal yet if that's what you're wondering, I don't think you want me to"

"I don't, but I need you to understand my thoughts right now. You've seen me at my worst so many times and that will be the last time. I'm not going to be weak anymore."

"You aren't weak Addison, you're so incredibly strong."

"Please don't."

"Can I sing you a song?"

I just stood there frozen not able to move as my mind and body were internally fighting a battle, I wanted to leave as quickly as I could but I was always memorised by her voice and needed to know what she was going to sing. Demi walked over the the piano and started to play the keys as I just stood still watching.

Come up to meet you, tell you I'm sorry
You don't know how lovely you are

I had to find you
Tell you I need you
Tell you I set you apart