Chapter 14: I want you to stay.

Walking into our first rehearsals I was anxious to see who the first coach was going to be, thinking back to yesterday I knew it would have to be Demi knowing she'd volunteered for most of the rehearsals. Deciding to sit down in one of the spare chairs watching everyone talk in their little groups and wait for the coach to come in, I was a loner in here and I couldn't be mad about it because I loved it. I didn't want to associate with people who never went out of their way to make a conversation with me so why would I now?

"I can just tell all of us are going to be in the top 3, we are the best singers in the room!" Excitedly announced a  blonde girl in front on me to her friends and they all looked at each other and agreed.

I couldn't help but laugh and roll my eyes, yes they were good but not the best I saw yesterday.

"Wouldn't be too cocky Ms Walker" Demi intimidatingly said as she walked over to the stage and sat on it, everyone went quiet and sat to watch what was about to go down.

"Do you even sing?" The blonde bitch questioned in her annoying voice, of course she does.. she could run laps around you love.

"Do you think I'd be up here if I didn't?" Demi questioned.

Everyone was making noises and cheering towards Demi waiting for a reply from the too cocky girl in front of me, don't get me wrong it's good to have confidence and positive but I never liked her and claiming you're the best in a room full of talented people is just ridiculous.

"Prove it"

"Look, I know you have to try and put up a tough act in front of all your little pals but just know this ain't going to get you far in life. Once you leave this building the world doesn't give two shits about your little popularity high school days, kindness gets your far in life. Don't forget it."

Without realising what was happening I stood up and clapped, everyone else starting joining in. Demi's eyes lit up when I met hers and she smiled, the bitch in front me on the other hand was seeing red. If looks could kill I'd be 6 ft under right now.

"Sorry Hun, kindness always" I smiled and watched her sit down.

"Anyways, I'm always up for a challenge so you wanted to see if I could sing? Well give me a second and you guys can be the judge."

I grew excited to see what she's going to sing, sat there watching her set up the microphone on the piano and she started to play the keys to a familiar song.

All along it was a fever
A cold sweat hot-headed believer
I threw my hands in the air, said, "Show me something"
He said, "If you dare, come a little closer"
Round and around and around and around we go
Oh now, tell me now, tell me now, tell me now you know
Not really sure how to feel about it
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I can't live without you
It takes me all the way
I want you to stay
It's not much of a life you're living
It's not just something you take it's given
Round and around and around and around we go
Oh now, tell me now, tell me now, tell me now you know
Not really sure how to feel about it
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I can't live without you
It takes me all the way
I want you to stay
Ooh, ooh, ooh, the reason I hold on
Ooh, ooh, ooh, 'cause I need this hole gone
Funny you're the broken one but I'm the only one who needed saving
'Cause when you never see the light it's hard to know which one of us is caving
Not really sure how to feel about it
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I can't live without you
It takes me all the way
I want you to stay, stay

Our eyes locked and I watched as she wiped the tear that ran down her face before whispering the last few words.

I want you to stay.

I was amazed, blown away.. I had no control whatsoever of the tears that ran dow my face. I've heard her sing a million times before but seeing her on stage made my heart melt and the way she poured so much emotion into the song. Of course, she got a standing ovation which she rightfully deserved.

"Thanks guys, first I'm going to ask everyone to start rehearsing and figure out what you want to perform at the finals." Everyone nodded getting up.

I sat there and watched everyone gather into different sections of the room before making my way out towards the toilets.

Reaching the bathroom I looked into the mirror and wiped the messed up mascara that was smudged over my face and re-applied it. Leaning against the sink I try to gain back all control, calming myself down and relaxing. Once I was in a clearer state I walked back into the room trying to sneak in so no one would notice I was gone.

I looked in the room to see Demi next to a student helping them, she must of felt me looking at her.

"Addison"

"Miss Lovato"

"What are you doing outside?"

"I- I had to go bathroom" fuck why did I have to stutter.

She sends me a questioning look before nodding and helping the student again.

Walking over to the corner next to the window I grabbed my earphones and went through my Spotify playlist to find a song that I wanted to sing.

•••

"Hey Darling, how's things going with Demi?" Mum questioned sitting next to me on the couch.

"I don't know."

"What do you mean?"

"She sang the song stay today and it was obviously for me and I just don't know what to do anymore, I want nothing more than to be able to trust her again and have her by my side but everything is so confusing in my head right now!" I sobbed finally cracking in front of my mum.

"Shhh, it's going to be okay baby girl" she spoke softly running her fingers through my hair and trying to calm me down.

"I-I l-love her, I'm trying so hard to be mad at her but a part of me won't let me. I know deep down I over reacted and that she cares about me otherwise she wouldn't waste her time on sticking around."

"I know darling, it's hard. She genuinely cares about you, if I thought she hurt you intentionally I would of lost my shit at her and let your dad intimidate her."  Hearing the words come out of her mouth made me laugh, I'm so damn lucky to have such an amazing mother.

"I love you so much" I whispered hugging her tightly.

"Love you more baby girl, please just talk to her when you're ready. She constantly asks me about you, you know? To make sure you're doing okay since you don't answer her calls or texts."

"Argh I'm such an awful person."

"No you aren't! You're such a beautiful girl with such a loving heart, after everything you've been through it's understandable."

After a few minutes of silence my phone beeped indicating there was a message, looking down I saw it was from Demi.

"I uh better check it" I said sitting up opening the message.

"I would say I'm sorry but I know I owe you so much more that that. I would write a letter but I'm afraid you'll see who it's from me immediately throw it away without reading the first line. If I could I would visit you hoping you wouldn't slam the door in my face. I would say I'm sorry but I don't even know where to begin to tell you how sorry I truly am. For now I will continue continue staring at an empty piece of paper until I can think of words that are worth the read." I didn't know how to react but I could feel my mother reading over my shoulder.

"The choice is up to you whether you decide to be done for good or go and talk to her." I knew she was right I have my mind made up.

-

Hey guys, hope you enjoy!