Chapter 37: Guess we are both lucky.

I can't believe this whole experience, how magical and beautiful it was. Being a big sister is the greatest gift in life, so many things I can teach Ava and experience again with a new perspective. No longer the only child, couldn't be happier.

Mum and bubs were both doing great, all the worries and fears they were once feeling from having a new born many years later were all gone.

"Ad, you don't have to do everything you know? I can still move and do things." Mum stated while I was in the kitchen doing the dishes and cleaning the place up. I didn't mind helping out, they have done an incredible job raising me and helping out in any way they can so it's only right I do the same.

"You gave birth not even two days ago, the doctors said to take it easy! Besides it's my turn to help you." I smiled giving her a kiss on the cheek. I was shocked too that they let you leave after a day sometimes even that day depending how everything goes, especially if you already have a child and this isn't your first rodeo.

"I am so lucky to have such a beautiful daughter, I don't know what I would do without my best friend. Hopefully Ava turns out to be just as amazing!" She gushed looking at little Ava in her arms and smiling.

"Guess we are both so lucky to have an unbreakable relationship, hope my kids and I have a special bond like ours. Ava is going to be so loved and supported, she's going to be her own little kick ass soul that will conquer the world." Kissing her little head and finishing cleaning up.

It's true, I am very blessed to have the family I do. Many aren't as fortunate, but family isn't always blood and it's ok to cut out toxic people. You don't have to love someone just because they are blood.

Dad was in his office working which is so strange still to this day, considering he was working away a lot when I was a kid. Best decision he has ever made was staying home, especially when he can still do what he loves and spend time with us.

"Hey kiddo, what time is dem finishing today?" Dad asks walking out of his office grabbing a coffee.

"Should be on her way home soon, she makes me send her videos and pictures of Ava it's sooo cute." I laugh showing him all the stuff I have sent her.

"She's the sweetest, I'm so glad my little jellybean has the best fiancé ever." He spoke proudly side hugging me and kissing my head.

"Thanks dad, I really won the jackpot with this one." I smiled like an idiot.

"We are very lucky to have such strong independent women in our lives, the best is yet to come! My favourite thing we ever did was create you kids and I can't wait for you guys to experience it, it's a whole different type of love. Love you didn't think existed, your own little humans with personalities and looks from each othe-" dad started to get choked up on his words as his eyes were starting to gloss over.

"Aww dad stop you are going to make me get emotional, I cannot wait to experience it all with Demi and have you guys by our side through it all."  Wrapping my arms around him, giving him the biggest hug.

"You guys are truly the cutest." I hear her beautiful angelic voice behind me.

"Welcome home my love." Ran up to Demi giving her a peck on the lips.

"Hey baby, missed you!"

"Hey dem, how was work?" Dad asked giving her a hug.

"Not too bad, just had to go over a few things and make sure the class was in order for when we go back. How's work going?" She smiled wrapping her arms around my neck hugging from behind.

"That's good to hear, not too bad either! Just rounding up a few clients to do some settlements and finalise their contracts then we should be going great!"

"Is sissy Dem home?" Mum asked in a baby voice to Ava as she walked into the room.

"Hiiii beautiful girl, I missed you!" Demi spoke in a baby voice grabbing her from mum and holding her.

"Who's the cutest little human ever? Yes, you are!" Laughing at how adorable she is.

Grabbing my phone and taking candid pictures of my two favourite girls together.

We spent a while with my family then decided to give them some space and head back to ours to see our little boy rocky our cute little pug.