Chapter 16

12 hours before darkness

(Your point of view)

Since earlier I had taken that nap I wasn't tired at all. Even though it was one in the morning. So I was walking around in the gardens still unaware of the person watching me.

All of a sudden an unbearable pain shots up my leg and into my head. I fall on the ground and scream. The pain I had only felt it once before this.

When my Dad's "bff" came over he told me i needed to be punished. So he injected me with something which made me go numb from all the pain.

I felt something maybe someone who put their arms around me. I gritted my teeth and my eyes were squeezed shut.

The person said "Its ok. I'm here now. Your safe."

I croaked "S-Set-to?"

He said "Yeah its me (y/n)."

I nuzzled into his chest farther. He was comforting and I was in so much pain. I felt almost numb.

I gasped for air and croaked "H-hel-lp me please!"

I felt him pick me up and start running somewhere. But before I could find out I began to see flashbacks. Of my mom, my dad, and everyone who I had ever lost. This time I was crying but not because of the pain, but because of my friends and my mom. I would never cry about my dad, he destroyed my life and he destroyed me! I'm not one to seek revenge but something in me, I... I WILL DESTROY MY FATHER!!!!

I shot my eyes open. Where did that come from... I don't understand, I never had wanted revenge before.

Nile appeared beside me but something wasn't right. She was fading, she was speaking so quietly I could only pick out pieces of her sentence.

"D-r-n-s- s- m-u- d-r-n-s- i- y-o- h-a-t p-e-s- s-a- I- t-e l-g-t  o- e-s- I-l b- d-s-r-yd!" (Darkness so much darkness in your heart please stay in the light or else I'll be destroyed)

She vanished after that. What was she trying to say.... the first and fourth word looks like darkness. But what else is there? Soon I was at the aid of a nurse. She injected me with something.

I then was able to feel my body again and there wasn't any pain. The nurse said "Get some rest sweetie. You were injected with Ash ink. You need to rest."

I nodded and soon I fell into a deep slumber. Surrounding me in darkness.

-------------------------------------------------------

Ash ink:
A poison made from the ash leaves of Singapore. Sends large amounts of pain to the injected. Making the person go numb. If not treated can cause a person to go into a coma.

Warning this is not a real thing. At least not that I know of, I made it up.