Chapter 1:First Day!!!

Katelyn Holt was still dwelling on her brother and father. They had ventured in space not to come back. She had changed a few things about herself. She had shorter hair that rolled just under her shoulders and had changed her name to Pidge. Inspired by the nickname  given to her by her brother. Pigeon. Now it was her first day of school. She couldn't wait. She loved the technology at her school. It was so advanced. It was altea High School. The school for the best and brightest. She hadn't a clue how she got it. But she rolled with it. She stepped out of the car and took a deep breath in.  Her mother waved bye to her and drove off. Katelyn took a step into the school. Corridors filled with gloomy teenagers. She walked past them all. Most of them wore dark depressing colours. But she wore light green white and dark green. Her hair straightened. She had a spare bobble on her wrist just in case. People stared at her. She had her phone and laptop in her hands. A group of almost all girls stared at her the longest. They wore dark purple. Their leader was a boy. He had white long hair and wore dark blue and a tiny bit of purple. There wasn't a uniform they had to wear. Just something that covered your chest legs and at least your shoulders. Obviously your belly included. Everyone was skinny and beautiful. She saw a girl wearing a bright blue dress covering her arms to the wrist and her legs to the ankle. She had platinum hair. "School council chairperson. I'm Alura." The woman placed a hand out for Katie to shake. So she did. "Katelyn Holt but I'd prefer if you call me Pidge." Alura looked sympathetically at her. "Okay Pidge. This is Shiro, Vuce chair person." A tall bulky man with a white tuff of hair. She shook his hand. He held hers strongly before letting go. "That's Keith. The emo security." That made her giggled a bit and then shook his hand. "That's Hunk. The friendly support. The leg of the team." She shook his hand. He smiled nicely at her making her feel warm and happy. She smiled back. "And that's the flirtatious Lance who thinks your a boy. Also he's our representative." He looked at her and eyed her up and down. She wanted to slap him already. She didn't. "But we're still missing a secretary. The person who plans." I nodded and waved. "See you later then. I need to find my class." They all waved her good bye. She walked to her math class. Her favourite subject. She sat down at the corner desk. In the dark.

After five minutes, a boy came up to her. "Your in my seat." He stated. "Did you but it? No. Well then it isn't your seat." She pointed out sassily. She had always been sassy. "Miss!" He yelled the teacher looking at him. "She's in my seat." The teacher rolled her eyes. "She claimed it first now sit down and stop complaining." Pidge wanted to high five the teacher right now but didn't want to risk loosing the seat. "Thank you ma'am," the teacher smiled at her. "So polite." The boy grunted and sat in the other corner. Pidge placed all her books on her desk. She had two piles of math books. Mostly university level. Some college level. Finally the bell rang. "Now students," the teacher began before everyone burst into conversation. The teacher huffed. Waiting. She stood up. "Be quiet! Please." She added please to be polite. Everyone shut up straight away. She sat back down. "Thank you miss Holt. Now as I was saying student council wish this class for a secretary. Anyone you would like to nominate?" The teacher asked. Nobody. She looked around. Then looked at Pidges books. "Miss Holt? Maybe." She tried to disappear and camouflage with the shadow. She placed her hand up. "Yes?" She took a deep breath. "I guess it couldn't be that bad." The teacher sounded delighted. "Anyone else?" Nobody still. "Great Katelyn Holt is your new secretary." People turned their heads at her name. Finally they began their  lesson. They were half way through. A university level question appeared in the board. "I doubt nobody will get his one straight away. But anyone any ideas." Pidges hand shot up. Everyone looked at her in surprise. She shoved her glasses up so she could actually see through them. "Yes go ahead Katelyn." She answered the question in detail so everyone could see how she did it. The teacher gasped and videoed her answering the question. She sent it to the principle. Alfor. The school council burst in. "Hello," they greeted. They all mumbled hellos. "We were told a girl in this class can solve a university level question with no help. So we came to investigate." Pidge was still writing on the board. They looked at her. She was writing the formula. Finally she wrote the answer and circled it. The teacher allowed her to sit back down on my chair. She was the only one with books on her desk. "So who is it?" Alura asked. "Your new secretary." Alura smiled with glee. "Katelyn Holt." Keith and Shiro had their jaws dropped. "You mean that boy in the corner." Lance asked. The teacher face palmed. "No it's a girl." The teacher stated. The group turned to Pidge. "Prove to us then." The teacher signalled Pidge to answer the next university level question. She passed with flying colours. Circling the answer. Alura had a calculator with her trying to check. "Correct!" Shiro and Keith including Hunk and Lance looked at Pidge with their jaws dropped. "Who are you?" Lance asked. The teacher nodded at her so she could speak. "Katelyn Holt. Daughter of Samuel Holt and Coleen Holt. Sister to Matthew Holt." Everyone looked in awe as she said Holt. She still had a straight face. "How are you not busting into tears?" Lance asked. "Because I know their alive, just out there struggling." Alura nd the teacher shared a look. "I have proof." She opened my computer and showed them the footage. They were on Skype with her. She recorded the call.

Skype.

"Katelyn we miss you but we are doing this in the name of science!" Her father declared. She laughed. "Of course. I miss you too. Please don't get abducted by aliens." She said jokingly. At that moment a strange ship came into view. Matt and Samuel grabbed the computer and ran. Being sucked into the ship by a tractor beam. It broke Katie's heart. But all she could do was worry not cry. Just worry. They had to be safe. She got a single glance at an alien in armour and her  brother and father chained in a cell. The alien had purple skin and glowing yellow eyes. He had a woman in a dark blue almost black cape covering all of her. All you could see were white strands of hair and ominous glowing yellow eyes. They the video stopped.

Skype end

Everyone was shocked. They had all been told it was pilot error. "Nobody tell anyone. Ever." Everyone nodded at Katie's request. "Anyway it's time you skip a two year groups." Alura chirped. Katie looked at the boy from earlier. She collected her stuff and neatly placed it in her backpack. He grabbed the boys things and placed them on the other desk. "Sorry about earlier." She rubbed henna log her head embarrassed. The boy smiled at her as he stood up. "No problem." He sat down on the chair and smiled as Katie left the room with the school council.  "I can't believe your really that  smart that you know university level!" Hunk gave her a hug. "So you volunteer to be secretary?" Pidge nodded. Keith and Shiro chatted to each other as Pidge stayed quiet. Everyone chatted to each other . But Pidge just stayed quiet she had never been the social butterfly. Finally they made it to the year 9 classroom. "Hello Miss Holt will be transferred to this class." The teacher stared at Alura. "But Alura Miss Holt is in year 7." Pidge kept quite. "Show them your skills." Pidge stepped into the class. The teacher gave her the pen. She wrote down the formula to one of the hardest University level questions. People took notes as she answered it. The teacher looked impressed. "Okay take a seat miss Holt. Where would you like to sit?" The darkest corner wasn't taken. "I'll sit there." The teacher looked at her confused but shrugged it off. "Okay." The lesson continued. Katie answered all the hard questions nobody knew. Impressing the teacher. She was given harder question papers than everyone else...

First chapter what do you think? Hope you enjoyed it. It's just the staring point so we will get the Kidge vs Shidge battle later. Please comment and Vote if your enjoying it. Just note I'm not forcing you. Cya later guys. Bye. Peace out.