XXII. What's Left Unsaid

Aggressive thunder rumbled outside the near broken window and heavy rain was tirelessly banging against the shaking glass pane. Another lightning struck, illuminating Anti's face. His eyes fixed on the door, the fear slowly changing into rage, causing his features to harden. It felt like an unbearably long time before the uninvited visitor showed himself. 

He stepped into the house, running his hand through his pitch-black hair, fixing it back in place after the rain outside ruined it. I watched him, strangely mesmerized, as he adjusted his suit and calmly folded his arms behind him, twitching his head. 

"I ' m  s o r r y  t o ... i n t e r r u p t   y o u r   l i t t l e   d a t e ," he smiled politely. 

Before I knew it, Anti quickly grabbed me by my wrist and was pulling me behind him as he ran out the room. I struggled to keep up with him, stumbling on everything that came in my way, I tore my wrist out of his grasp and held his hand instead, keeping close to him as we were running away through the dark house. I trusted him completely - to get us out of there safe, to not leave me behind. As another lightning struck, I saw Anti glance at our hands, before he pulled me into a dining room and we hid behind a giant wooden cupboard standing next to the wall. He pressed his finger against his lips and I nodded, before burying my face in his chest. I shut my eyes tightly and tightened my grasp on his hand. Right now, I wished to be anywhere else but here. 

Slow footsteps were echoing through the empty hall, getting closer and closer to us, when suddenly they stopped, only to shortly head in a different direction. I was trying to pinpoint exactly where he was going, but my heart was beating too loud in my ears. Anti's hand softly ran down my back, and I looked up at him. His expression was confusing me, I couldn't read what he was thinking. Anti tilted his head to one side as he watched me, and fixed my hair behind my ear. If I am going to die here, I want to feel something else than just fear, I thought and stood up on my toes, pressing my lips onto his. Anti returned my kiss, hesitantly at first, but then wrapped his arm around my waist. 

Suddenly red lightning lit up the whole room. I opened my eyes and saw Dark standing next to us, a clearly entertained smile on his face. Anti pushed me behind himself and let out a terrifying growl. 

"A h... I  s e e..." Dark stated, composed, he loosened his tie and grabbed Anti by the throat, tossing him across the room. I screamed out and pressed my back against the cold bare wall. I watched Anti slowly get back up, he now looked even more frightening than in the park, but this time I wasn't afraid of him, I was worried. He bared his sharp teeth at Dark, before appearing in front of him and punching him with all his might, causing him to fall on the ground. He got back up, growing more and more angry, he dusted off his suit. 

"A r e   w e    g o i n g    t o    f i g h t ... o r   p l a y    p r e t e n d ?!" he growled, and Anti leapt towards him, throwing him against the dining table, leaving it just a pile of wood. I had trouble keeping up with them as they were fighting each other, them both becoming incredibly aggressive. Everything inside me was screaming at me to do something, but I had no idea what. I was clearly no match for either of them, my bones were too easy to break. 

Anti screamed out in pain as Dark smashed him against the floor and picked up a knife lying on the ground. I ran towards them, but was immediately stopped by Anti. 

"GO!" he urged, waving his hand towards the open door. I shook my head and took one more step towards them, when suddenly Anti growled, and threw me out of the room with one simple hand gesture. I banged my head against the wall as I landed and tried to get back up. 

"No, no, no, Anti!" I screamed out, when the double door swung shut, I quickly crawled towards it and tried to get it open, but it wouldn't budge. I heard Anti's laughter inside the room and inaudible threats. I backed up from the door and pressed my fingers against my temples, realizing how much it hurt. I quickly pressed my hand against the back of my head, only to find it covered by blood. 

I need to get out of here, I thought as I was trying to find my way out, holding onto everything around me, my knees becoming weak. I noticed a big white door at the end of the hallway, and the thought of salvation filled me with unexpected energy. I ran out the door, only to find myself in the middle of woods, the rain immediately soaking me wet. I looked up and let it roll down my cheeks, calming down and steadying my breath. 

A loud sound of glass shattering tore me out of my thoughts. Dark busted out of the house and angrily made his way towards Anti, who was lying in the mud, covered in cuts and glass. I heard him wheeze quietly, his face crooked in pain. I gasped and Dark gave me a wide creepy smile, before pulling Anti onto his knees, burying his fingers in his shoulder to keep him up. 

"E x c u s e   u s ... w e   h a v e   a   l o t   t o ... d i s c u s s," Dark uttered, his head twitched again. I closed my eyes as another red lightning struck, and when I opened them, they were both gone. 

--

Hey! 

Thank you so much for reading yet another chapter! I've been thinking about this story a lot and I think it's coming to an end. I honestly didn't expect anyone to read it whatsoever, so a huge thank you to all of you who did! I love you all! (stay cranky, haha) 

Andrea ♥