III. Strawberries

The sun has been up for a few hours now, but now it got into a perfect position, where it shone through the window right into my eyes. I grunted and pulled the blanket over my eyes, slowly opening them. It's so nice and warm... Do I have to get up? I thought, to which my belly replied with a loud hungry noise. I sighed and stuck my feet out into the cold air of my room, I left my window open? I rolled my eyes and got up to close it, but quickly got distracted by my stuffed bunny sitting on the armchair, looking directly at my bed.

My eyes widened: Didn't I sleep with it in my bed last night? I looked around the room and rubbed my eyes. Ouch! I noticed my hand was covered in tiny cuts. So, it wasn't a dream... I actually did meet that nice boy named Jack? AND I got his number? I giggled and twirled around.

I opened the fridge excitedly and my smile immediately dropped at the sight of one single strawberry. What a sad sight! I quickly gulped my tea and decided to head out to buy some groceries. 

After ten minutes I parked my car in front of the store and got out. I loved these big supermarkets, you could get lost in them so easily. I decided to take my time and just walk around. Of course, I couldn't leave the kitchen section out - I loved cooking, although I wasn't very good at it. As I was admiring a pretty copper pot, my cart bumped into a person walking by.

"I'm so sorry!" I cried out all embarrassed, How many more times will I do this? It took me a while, but then I recognized the face. It was Josh, my old classmate from High School and my bully from a few years ago, when I was a bit chubbier than I was now. He still had this sleazy smile and a really annoying voice.

"Oh. My. God. Y/N? Is that really you?!" he laughed and patted my shoulder, "Damn! Long time no see!"

I smiled nervously and ran my hand through my hair. I really didn't feel like talking to this idiot, I didn't even realize he went to college around here somewhere. "I, uh... yeah. How have you b-" I was interrupted by my phone ringing really loudly. I fished it out of my bag and all I could see was the same staticy screen as last night. I shook it furiously and the caller's number glitched, making the numbers shuffle randomly. What the hell? I thought and accepted the call.

"Um... hello?" I said silently, as Josh's eyes scanned me up and down. I noticed he was staring at my chest, so I turned to the side and ran my hand on the edge of the isle shelf holding kitchen utensils.

I heard the same unsettling laughter as last night and then a deep terrifying voice whispered and sent shivers down my spine: "Slit his throat."