VIII. Temptation

When I heard Anti say those words, my eyes widened in disbelief and fear of what I could imagine was about to happen. The room began spinning, making me feel dizzy and the quiet beeping of the heart monitor sounded like the most deafening noise in the entire world. I swallowed nervously and slowly took a stepped back, trying not to alarm Anti, before deciding to run for my life. Unfortunately, he was way faster. He grabbed my shoulder and sharply turned me around, pressing my back against the cold tiled wall.

"Now, now, Y/N! You need to stop running away from your problems!" he hissed at me, looking at me threateningly with his now fully black eyes.

I tried defying his strong grasp by jerking my body, but Anti didn't seem phased by it at all. I cried out in anger and started punching his chest with all my strength. He grabbed both my wrists into his cold hands and pressed them against my chest.

"Shh, come on! Do you not remember how this guy used to treat you?! He deserves to die!" he shouted at me.

"No, he doesn't!"

"Yes, he does! Wake up!"

"You have no idea how much I loathe this person, but in no way would I ever wish him death!" I screamed furiously, attempting to free myself from his grasp.

Anti groaned and quickly shoved me towards the bed, pressing the knife handle into my palm and wrapping his hand around mine, making me hold it. He put the sharp blade on Josh's throat. I could feel Anti's body on my back, his lips next to my ear as he whispered: "Don't you feel it? The power you have over him right now?"

I closed my eyes and tilted my head away in disgust, but for some reason ended up leaning back towards him.

"N-no! No, I don't!"

He scoffed and sunk the knife a bit into Josh's neck. A small streak of blood run down his cheek onto the hospital's snow white pillow. I couldn't take my eyes away.

"Think of all the horrible things he's ever done to you. The embarrassment... the jokes. All those times he made you cry!" Anti kept going, making my hands tremble. I felt angry. Frustrated. And exactly for all those reasons he was listing right now. I watched as the blood streak grew bigger, and felt... satisfaction? Righteousness? It was a feeling I couldn't describe, it was as if all the rage hidden for all those years finally came out.

"Good girl," I heard Anti say, his voice now coming from somewhere further away. I blinked a few times, waking myself up and noticed he wasn't holding my hand anymore. It was me cutting deeper into Josh's throat. He was now awake, staring at me in horror, Anti's hand pressed on his mouth.

I quickly pulled away and threw the knife on the ground. I looked at Anti furiously, but he was smiling at me.

"Y-you monster!" I screamed at him. He pulled me closer to him and held my hands - probably just in case I wanted to start hitting him again.

"Shh-"

"YOU'RE INSANE! STAY AWAY FROM ME!" I struggled to get away from him again. Hot tears flooded my eyes and started running down my cheeks. Anti was looking at me in a strangely soft way and gently let me go after a while. I took the opportunity and quickly ran out of the room, continuing through the halls and finding my way out. I didn't pay much attention to the confused nurses giving me concerned looks, all I could hear was my insanely loud heartbeat and the sounds of Josh struggling to breathe. But there was no way I was coming back to save him from Anti.

I ran outside into the cold night and was once more greeted by the calming rain. Finally, I was away from him. Away from his power, from his persuasive and tempting words. I began walking home and hoped to never see Anti again.

Oh, how wrong and naive I was.

--

HELLO! 
Thank you all so so so much for reading, leaving your comments or voting, it really means a lot! 

Okay, have a nice day!!  ~(^з^)-