IV. I'll see you later

I could feel my pulse in my temples and it felt like my heart stopped for a second. I looked at Josh, wide-eyed, trying to figure out what the hell is going on. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

"Who... who is this?" I whispered, coughed nervously and continued staring at Josh. Was he doing this? Trying to make fun of me? I heard a really creepy laugh coming from my phone and then a growl. "I said. Slit. His. Throat." the voice hissed hauntingly, "I know you want to... Just think about it! All those years of self-doubt and anxiety this person caused you!" he giggled.

I felt the blood in my veins get warmer and it was really hard to breathe. I quickly pulled the phone away from my ear and tapped the screen a few times with my shaking finger until I hit the red button.

"Woah, Y/N, what is going on?" Josh asked with a visible concern in his face, "Put that down, will you?!" he lifted his hands up to signal he's not looking for trouble. I noticed I was holding a knife in my hand with such a tight grip, my knuckles were turning white. I quickly threw the knife back in the shelf and stepped away, "S-Sorry, I didn't even realize..." I looked around nervously, What the hell is going on?!

He continued looking at me like I just got out of a mental asylum and shook his head, "I guess I'll see you later..." he winked and walked pass me. I put my hands over my eyes, I'm probably just stressed out, it's-

A loud scream tore me out of my thoughts. I quickly turned around and saw Josh leaning against a shelf with a knife stuck in his left eye. I shrieked, but couldn't seem to move. I was just staring at him all terrified. He was reaching his hand to me and opened his mouth, trying to get me to help. Finally, I managed to wake up and ran to him, falling on my knees and supporting his head with my hand. "HELP!!! ANYONE!" I cried out, alerting nearby customers and staff. Everything happened so quickly after that. It became a blur of everyone panicking, the staff trying to get everyone away and at last the paramedics running onto the scene and taking Josh into the hospital. After they were all gone, I found myself just standing there. A nice cashier girl handed me some tissues and only now I realized there was blood all over my hands. I looked back to the isle when it all happened and noticed a person standing there, staring at me. I squinted my eyes, trying to see better. His head twitched and once again I heard the haunting messed up laughter, before he suddenly disappeared.

Have I gone mad? I thought as I stepped out of the store. It was now very dark; the sun had already gone down and it was raining heavily. I sighed desperately and began walking to my car.