XV. Drunk Off You

When we got back downstairs, the table was already set and the whole room was filled with a delicious smell. My mom smiled at me excitedly as she sat down next to my dad and gestured to us to take a seat too at the candle-lit table. I could see the happiness in her eyes, she had probably always wanted to have a dinner quite like this one. I was trying desperately to keep my eyes off Anti, because each time I looked at him, I could feel my cheeks flushing red. I was ashamed of what I had done, of feeling this strange desire for him and most of all I hated the fact that he was so aware of it all.

"So, you two are going to stay the night, right?" she raised her eyebrows and took a sip of red wine.

"No, no, no, I think I and An- Jack should get going right after dinner!" I bursted out, so Anti would have no chance of speaking and ruining my plans of getting him away from here. "Right?" I smiled at him. Looking at him hurt. It was a sharp pain in my chest reminding me that what I was feeling towards him was wrong. Suddenly a loud noise of a window slamming shut made us all jump, except for Anti, who looked me dead in the eyes and smirked cunningly as thunder roared threateningly outside. Heavy rain was hitting the window and strong wind made all the window panes shake.

My dad was the first one who broke the silence, "I don't think you should be even going out in this weather. You can stay here." he decided. I swallowed a gulp in my throat and nodded in defeat. Anti leaned towards me and planted a gentle kiss on my cheek. "Good girl," I heard him whisper.

After we finished all the food and the sound of cutlery clinking against the porcelain went silent, my mom rushed Anti and dad into the kitchen to clean up. We could see them well from the table, but as soon as they were preoccupied, my mom moved her chair next to me and held my hand with a concerned look in her eyes. "Are you okay, baby? You seem a bit... uncomfortable?" she whispered.

I looked at Anti laughing in the kitchen with dad and then back at her. I just shrugged.

"Did I make it awkward?" she asked. I took a deep breath in and pressed her hand with mine, leaning in a bit closer.

"Mom... he's insane." I murmured and was immediately interrupted by an ear-piercing sound of a sharp knife dragging across the kitchen counter. My father was on his knees, Anti standing behind him and he slowly placed the knife on his throat.

"NO!" I screamed out in horror as he stabbed the blade into his neck, blood slowly pouring out. Mom shook my hand and looked at me confused, "Y/N... Are you okay? I'm really worried about you." she sighed.

I looked back into the kitchen and saw the two of them standing there, but not a single drop of blood was spilled. "Too much wine, honey?" dad laughed and Anti with him, while leaning against the kitchen counter, a big amused smile on his face. Never before have I wanted to punch him as much as I did now. I could feel my blood heating up in rage, but I wasn't willing to give Anti another reason to play with my head.

Finally, I hugged my mom. "Oh, no, don't worry. I'm just a bit tired, I'll tell you all about it tomorrow." I assured her and kissed her forehead, before she got up and wished us a good night. She struggled for a few minutes to get dad away from Anti and off to bed, as the two of them were busy joking about my mental stability. I lied down on the couch in the living room and stared at the ceiling, before I heard Anti's footsteps approaching. He looked around the room, picking up everything that sparked his curiosity, and I was slowly going insane because of his cold casual behavior. I watched him fiddle around with a gramophone, the needle softly murmured before a song started playing. He nodded approvingly and sat down in a black armchair, throwing his legs over the armrest. I think I heard him hum silently along.

"Why'd you do it?" I whispered, keeping my eyes on the crystal chandelier above me, the gentle candle light reflecting on the ceiling.

"You were being too dramatic, let's be honest." he chuckled.

"TOO-?! Too dramatic?!" I growled and threw a pillow at him. "How dare you!" I jumped up and took three long steps towards him, "You made me hurt people, kill people, you're completely insane and out of your mind!" I snarled at him, while also trying to keep quiet to not wake up my parents. He wasn't even phased by my outburst, not in the slightest. He kept smiling at me peacefully and ran his hand through his green hair. "They deserved it," he noted.

I squinted my eyes at him, trying to keep my temper not to punch him in the face, when suddenly all the candles went out and loud thunder boomed outside. I gasped for air and tried to see something in the darkness - in vain.

"Anti, come on... This is not funny." I mumbled, my voice shaking. I reached my hand out in hopes of gaining some sense of orientation, when suddenly a cold hand grabbed my wrist.

"I'm still here, babydoll," he whispered and kissed the back of my hand. I could feel my heart calming down, when another noise pierced the now comfortable darkness - three loud and aggressive knocks on the door. I felt as Anti let go of my hand and gently pushed me towards the entrance. I was taking very slow steps, trying to take a peek at the late visitor through the window, but it was pitch black outside. Carefully I opened the door and as the lightning illuminated the person's face, I could feel the blood in my veins freeze.

"Mia?"

---

Hello, all you beautiful ladybugs! 

I hope you all are doing well!! I'm not. It's 2 am and I'm still writing a dumb fanfiction. Lord help me. 

Thank you for reading, it truly means a lot!! ♥