Season 2 Episode 2

Start from the beginning

                   Gwen placed the jacket over her and went to sleep, Sam took a book out of his bag and started reading, but Anthony just drove. He stared at the road and could see it all. The man missing his arm, William and Carly running off, Aiden’s head, and the walkers surrounding them. It was horrible to picture. Within a few minutes, they reached a town. There were many houses and stores, and Anthony smiled; they had hit the jackpot. “Gwen” said Anthony. “Wake up. We’ve got some stuff to do.” Gwen opened her eyes and laughed at all of the stores. Anthony and Sam joined her.

                     Meanwhile, Tyler looked around as the trucks drove down the highway. He could see walkers growling as they drove past, but they didn’t follow. There were many cars with dead bodies trapped in or under them. Tyler felt like he would vomit. “Where is this place?” he asked as he marked the third hour of driving. “It’s far” said one of the men who sat in the back with them. “We only drove so far for supplies; our community was running low.” “How many are there?” asked Quinn. “About fifty” said the man as they turned left. They were all very impressed as Frank started eating chips. “At our community” said the man. “We only have three meals a day.” “Okay” said Frank. “Well, I’m hungry.” The man looked very unapproved as Frank continued eating. Then, they turned again, and the man smiled. Tyler saw this and he looked in front, and his mouth dropped. The group was approaching a very large wall with guards holding guns at the top. There was also a gate in front of it. “Is this it?” Kate asked. The man smiled, and nodded.

                       The cars stopped and the driver to their car, Thomas Crane, stepped out and waved at the men. “Come on” he said to the group and the group filed out. “I’m the leader of this community” said Thomas. “We’ve been going strong ever since this thing started. This was originally a military base that was allowing people in, but it got overrun. One of the vice-leaders, Harry Kane, was a captain; he is the last one left.”

                        As they walked to the wall, Thomas said “Welcome to your new home.” He pushed the large door opened, and the group looked in awe. In front of them was a large town with military areas and weapons. There were many people with weapons, and some were just walking around. There were families, children running around with dogs, and even cats roaming around. “Welcome to Base 149” said Thomas. “Or as I like to call it, Arrington. Named it after my grandmother’s surname.” They all walked in and looked around. Two dogs ran up to Quinn, got on their hind legs, and started kissing her. She laughed as some children ran up. “Do you want to play tag?” one asked. “Sure” said Quinn and she ran off. “I’ll watch her” said Riley and she followed.

                             “So” said Tyler as he looked at Thomas, the man, and the woman. “Can we have your names?” “Brad West” said the man. “Skylar Lee” said the woman who shook Tyler’s hand. Then, two other men walked up. “Hey there” said one. “I’m Harry Kane. This is George Manson. Welcome to Army Base 149.” “Arrington” said Thomas. “Right” said Harry. “Arrington. We’ll give you a tour.” Thomas, Harry, and George started walking off and the group followed. “This is the army area” said Harry. “This is where the elite are. I bet red head over there would love this place.” “Oh yeah” said Frank, eyeing the weapons.

                              “This is the town” said Thomas. “This is where families can play around. We have barbecues and celebrations for holidays. Every day we have a type of religious gathering for every kind of religion. We also have town meetings and town councils here.”