a very important note (new/old readers please read!)

(please read until the end)

August 28th 2017
11:05 AM (GMT+7)

Hey guys! So this is probably something I should've addressed as soon as I hit the publish button for this book over a year ago, and I honestly don't know why I didn't.

First of all, Loss has over 100k reads as of now and I'm truly grateful that this received the amount of love I never thought it would get, but that's not why I'm publishing this chapter. I'm here to address the trigger warnings this book has.

Yes, Loss has mentions of suicide and though it doesn't have the actual suicide scene in it, it still has aspects of suicide and is mentioned quite a lot of times in the beginning of the story. So please, if you think that you're not comfortable reading about it, don't. It's a subtle sub plot of the story but still present nonetheless, and it would be inconsiderate of me to not say anything about it.

This has been bothering me so much and as the views on this book increase I just keep thinking about whether or not I caused inconvenience by including such topics in the story. I don't, in any way, romanticize suicide and being suicidal. I don't know why I wrote Loss the way I did  but I don't support any of the acts I mention in the early chapters. I only hope that I didn't write it in such careless manner as it was never my intention to, and I hope I don't disrespect and offend those who have had encountered the issue before.

I apologize for not being considerate enough and thinking through my choice of storyline, and I promise that this will change with my future works. I admit that I should've been more careful with this but my mindset a year ago is a lot less mature and a lot more ignorant compared to now.

To my new readers, thank you for stumbling upon the book but if any of the warnings listed in the previous chapter are of significant to you (and if you didn't see them, please check again!), I would suggest that you stop reading now. And to my old ones, I truly apologize if the themes in this story troubled you in any way.

That aside, thank you for all of the support you've given me since day one. I appreciate every single vote and comment you guys send me. Thank you for understanding. I love you and I hope you have a good day <3

Stay hydrated,
Mara.