011: confessing.

告白
CONFESSING

time.

it was something taehyung had never understood. he had all the time in the world yet would always feel the need to rush things. he just wanted everything to be over and done quickly, his impatient attitude always won over him. he wished he could wait, really could, but he kept feeling that hew was slowly running out of time.

he was itching to tell her. every day that started and ended with this secret hanging in between him and inha, he kept growing unsettled. he needed to tell her. he found himself counting the seconds until he could muster up enough courage––until it was the right time––for him to just let it all out. and every second that passed is a second wasted.

taehyung recalled all those times jimin had been in utter shit and he had noticed everything a second too late. he could've prevented all the things happened, could've stopped his best friend from getting himself in anything else stupid but he was too late. taehyung really wished that he had paid attention more. really wished that he hadn't wasted his seconds being too in love with his best friend instead of realizing all the signs. and those seconds slowly dwindled into none.

so that was why taehyung decided to tell inha everything.

he paced around his living room as he tried to think of what to say. his mind was at complete lost, focused instead on things like how his feet rubbed against the plush carpets instead of actually forming the sentences he was going to say to the girl. there was only so much he needed to say yet so little he could put into words. taehyung's ability to articulate was never really promising. he was afraid that he would just get tongue-tied— he usually did—and ended up backing out. again.

it itched his lonesome heart.

and it looked like time was deceiving him as taehyung swore one second he was still in his apartment but found himself on inha's doorstep moments later. did he really walk over here that fast? when did he even leave?

taehyung knocked on the door and counted the seconds until the handle turned. it was a brief moment, yet time seemed to stretch longer than it actually was before the door opened and revealed inha, smiling when her eyes landed on his.

"hey! i thought you were busy––"

"i need to tell you something," taehyung interrupted, his heart beating faster as the seconds went by because he was too impatient.

"okay? come in, i guess." inha gave him a weird look as she stepped aside and opened the door wider for him to step in.

his feet brought him to her messy living room. he paced around just like he did back at his own apartment, careful to avoid the stepping on the spilled soda on the floor by her couch. he found himself biting his nails at the thought of actually doing this, suddenly nervous and scared for no goddamn reason because it wasn't like the girl was going to hate him afterward. hopefully.

"well?" inha leaned on the doorframe the lead to the living room, arms crossed as she waited for him to speak.

there it was again.

a feeling, something sparking up inside his chest that made him sick to his stomach. foreign yet familiar in so many ways. there was something about the way his heart sped whenever she looked at him, just looked at him, yet she was doing so much more.

he hadn't felt that in a while. not since jimin left.

the clock that hung right above her tv ticked loudly. the sound of the hand moving as the seconds passed taunted him. four seconds, it took taehyung four seconds to take in a deep breath and exhale. not sure why he was counting but it comforted him somehow.