026: crumbling.

ぼろぼろ
CRUMBLING

inha crawled out of bed carefully, trying hard not to make any noise and risk waking up the boy on her bed. she tiptoed to her wardrobe, slipped on a hoodie and changed into sweatpants, grabbed the key resting on her vanity mirror. she tiptoed back to the sleeping boy, pushed his hair out of his face and pressed a soft kiss on his forehead. she wrote a note saying that she would be gone a few hours, told him not to worry or wait up for her before slipping out of the room.

inha exited the apartment building and was met with the fresh morning air hitting her cheeks. it was a beautiful day, really, shame that she would spend the first few hours of it in her dead boyfriend's apartment. inha had planned to clean up jimin's apartment days ago since the place was left untouched for months. she figured that she'd send back some of his stuff to his parents back home rather than just leaving them lying around.

soon, inha found in the middle of jimin's living room. she had already packed most of his things a few days ago, the room now was slightly less furnished. a bit empty, even if there were still remnants lying around. remnants of jimin, she thought somberly.

inha picked up the one empty box and headed towards jimin's bedroom. it was the only place in the apartment she hadn't completely touched yet. being in the place where she had found jimin's dead body sent unpleasant feelings down her gut. she could almost smell the blood. maybe her eyes were playing tricks on her, but inha could still see the bloodstains on the drawers.

she stifled the thoughts down. standing here wasn't as terrifying as she expected for it to be, but it was still odd all the same. she kept telling herself that she would feel a lot better after she was done with this. inha went for one of the drawers first, eager to occupy herself and push the ugly thoughts out of her mind.

inha began moving jimin's things into the box, not really paying attention to what she was grabbing. it's only when she stumbled upon a folded piece of paper, with the writings s.i. on it, that inha finally paid attention. it was her initials.

she unfolded the paper, not really expecting anything because it could've been a coincidence. a paper that just happened to have her initials on, full with words in black ink, lying around in jimin's drawer could be a coincidence. inha tried not to get her hopes up.

seo inha,

her name, black ink in jimin's messy handwriting. her eyes widened as she skimmed the paper full with long paragraphs. it was a letter. for her. jimin wrote her a letter. no date was written on the paper, she couldn't be sure just how long this had been lying around.

inha. hani. my love. darling. the apple to my pie. sorry. that was cheesy, i'm being overly disgustingly fucking cheesy. wow, i'm so lame and gross. but it's okay, you love me anyways right?

i don't know why i'm writing this, but it's late and do you

do you get those nights where you honestly feel shitty and something's just not right, that it shakes you up and you can't sleep because there's too much to think about?

one of those many thoughts are you, most of them are always you. you keep me up at night. and so does the things i do and the things about me that i never told you about.