020: letting.

LETTING

inha had made quite few great decisions in her life, agreeing to keep taehyung company as he went gift shopping for his mother's birthday is not one of them.

it was more of him dragging her around as he went from store to store and coming out empty handed. to put it thoroughly, taehyung sucked at gift shopping. he wasn't sure of what to get, didn't even know what to get. and when he thought he finally found it, he overthought everything and ended up being too worried about whether his mother would like it or not, and then he got too frustrated which lead to him walking out empty handed again. it had been like this for hours and inha was slowly starting to feel her legs come off.

"can't you just get something you're sure that she'd liked?" she said for the nth time, trailing behind taehyung as he examined a rack of vintage coats.

"she likes a lot of things."

"then pick one."

"i can't! what if she doesn't like it?"

inha groaned. she leaned on the wall as taehyung continued to go through each rack, mumbling about how much easier this would be if he didn't love his mother this much. inha smiled at the boy looking frustrated as he picked up and put back down everything in the store. of course kim taehyung would be a mama's boy.

there was nothing else for he to do except wait. she had tried helping him, give him suggestions and stuff but it had only made the boy feel pressured, for some reason. so she had given up halfway and let him do the shopping. inha closed her eyes, assuming that taehyung was probably going to take more than a half hour again and she was tired anyway.

almost wished she had said no and stayed in her apartment all day. but this was nice too, being out and just doing things.

after what felt like an eternity, inha felt a hand on her wrist. her eyes snapped open as taehyung pulled her-no, dragged her out of the store. he kept muttering words under his breath that she couldn't catch. the look on his face told her that this, too, had been another waste.

"nothing?"

"nope," he said, popping the 'p', "and i think that's enough for today. i'll try again tomorrow."

inha sighed. hours of walking and following the boy around, only to go back with practically nothing. pretty sure that her feet were sore now even if she was wearing her comfiest shoes. had no energy left to be pissed at the boy.

the things she did for kim taehyung.

one of these days, she was going to kill him.

"alright then, let's go home." she started walking to the direction of the bus stop when taehyung's hand that was still on her wrist stopped her.

"no, not yet. i want to go the park."

inha groaned. again. looked at taehyung like he was being ridiculous. her feet were aching and the sun was ruthless today, she was sweating and thirsty and tired.

taehyung pouted when she shook her head. started begging at her as if he was ten instead of twenty. there were times when taehyung had been too immature for her to handle that she actually felt like she was babysitting.