021: mending.

補修
MENDING

inha's assumptions were right. after the outing to the park and getting rained on, she was back to being sick and spending all day in bed again.

taehyung was no better, yet seemed to recover only a day later. inha was jealous of prone he was to sickness. but it benefited her, because him being all well and healthy meant that he could take care of her again. she would be lying if she said she didn't like the feeling of taehyung cuddling her up just so she could be warm.

her fever had lasted for days, and her cold lasted for the whole fucking week.

she had fallen too sick to do anything, including that date taehyung had asked her on. but she didn't forget about it, and neither did taehyung.

"what's your favorite color?" taehyung asked out of the blue.

"red. why?"

"no reason. so remember that time when we got rained on?" taehyung asked as she was attempting to cook herself dinner. inha had always been more of takeout girl. and of course she remembered, it had only been a week.

"yeah, and then i couldn't do anything for a week because of the fucking fever i got afterward."

taehyung smiled sheepishly. "so you remember what i asked when we were in front of the cafe? and what you said about it?"

inha thought about lying. it wasn't that going on a date with taehyung was the end of the world, it was just... what if things weren't going to work out? it could ruin what she and taehyung had now and she actually planned on keeping him around for a while.

she didn't want that.

but she didn't want to let him down, not after the way she'd seen him so happy since a long while.

she could say no, that it had slipper her mind and knowing taehyung, he wouldn't ask her again because the moment is different now.

taehyung's words from last week rang in her head. it's better to reject me than lie right to my face.

"i remember," she said, avoided his eyes and focused on chopping the carrots, focused on not chopping her finger off.

"good, because i need you to be free this friday."

/

inha paced around the room frantically with her phone in one hand and a hairbrush in the other. she was about to do something but it slipped her mind, couldn't really do anything other than panic because it's 6:20 and taehyung is coming to pick her up in 10 minutes.

"calm down. i haven't heard you freaking out like this since like, ever," yuri spoke from the other end of the line. inha had called her a few minutes ago because couldn't handle it anymore. she needed moral support. "it's not like you don't know him."

"that's the thing!" she yelled into the phone and heard her friend cursing at how loud she was being. "i know him too well and what if- what if i do the wrong thing? say something at the wrong time? fuck, i should just pretend to be sick—"

"no," yuri cut her off, "don't do that. make yourself pretty or something and go snatch his ass, 'kay? it's like you haven't already. i'm hanging up."