extended.

2年後
2 YEARS LATER

it was a busy day today.

the occasional jingle of the doorbell, sounds of plates clinking mixed with conversations from all over the room kept pulling inha out of her focus. it made her lose count, forget what she had been calculating and she'd have to start over from the beginning. it sucked to be spending a saturday afternoon on cashier duty while bombarded with the task to calculate the weekly earnings of her aunt's restaurant.

inha didn't mind, numbers calmed her, no matter how much of a headache they tend to bring. she had realized that the only reason she thought she hated math was because she didn't let herself try to be fond of it. it was surprising how good she actually was at counting. she had majored in finance after all, but that was only because there were no other choices that intrigued her. she only wished that she realized this sooner, more specifically during her high school days.

inha was almost done with the week's earnings, eager to finally get rid of the notebook and calculator when she remembered that she had to calculate the week's spendings as well. she groaned, buried her face in her hands in frustration. what was her aunt trying to do? make inha be her personal accountant?

"inha, sweetie," her aunt came up to her, causing her to lose count again. was she on tuesday or thursday? inha felt like screaming. "we're a little bit short on waitresses here, everyone's occupied. mind giving a hand?"

it wasn't her aunt's fault that the restaurant did well. it was always packed, even during work days. inha only wished that the women took her advice and started hiring more workers. they were clearly struggling in terms of employees.

her aunt was already throwing an apron at her and shoving a notepad in her hand before she could say anything. inha sighed, tying the apron around her waist. there was no way she'd be getting herself out of this, anyway. her aunt was a very persuasive woman.

"fantastic!" the woman beamed, "i just need you to take care of that man in table five and then deliver a few orders, okay? oh! try to smile, will you?" her aunt shot her a thumbs up before scurrying back to the kitchen. there was a reason why the woman kept her on money duty rather than have her serving people. inha didn't actually have the patience to be a waitress. that, and she was really slow most of the time.

but the place really looked in motion today. she could see everyone busy with their own work. it was the least she could do for her aunt. the woman had gladly welcomed her two years ago, after all. she spotted the table her aunt had mentioned. grabbing a pen from the counter, inha forced a smile on her face and made her way toward the customer.

"good afternoon! i'll be your—"

"inha?"

inha tore her gaze from the notepad at the deep and husky voice, words dying on the tip of her tongue.

two years, it had been two years and she didn't know that seeing taehyung would have this effect on her, if she would see him at all. truthfully, inha hadn't thought about him that much, only because she forced herself not to. she hadn't picked up when he called or texted, felt bad but it was for the best. he stopped eventually and she fell into a new pattern of her new life. she was too busy with her work here, catching up with her childhood friends and just exploring the city. getting taehyung out of her mind had been easy.

her mouth was agape as taehyung took his cap off, staring up at her with surprised eyes and the first thing inha noticed was how his hair was definitely not brown.