003: figuring.

考え出します
FIGURING

it was inconvenient, how much inha always saw taehyung after that day in the graveyard.

no, they hadn't talk since then. but she wouldn't be able to to count on her two hands the amount of time she had ran into taehyung or just seen him, whether it's on her way to work or having an afternoon stroll to ease her mind. the would lock eyes for just a second before going back to what they were doing before, not really acknowledging each other's presence.

but that's the thing. taehyung was always there.

she saw him at the local coffee shop she goes to every morning before class. at the chinese place across campus. when she was crossing the street on her way to the apartment. it was like the world was getting smaller as the days went by and god was coming up with every reason possible that would make them cross paths. it unsettled her.

because this was her boyfriend's–ex-boyfriend's–best friend whom she had no idea even existed. and suddenly he was lurking at every corner she turned, crossing the streets she crossed, and eating at the places she used to at eat. she didn't know whether this boy was doing it on purpose or not. it was just odd, how he was suddenly everywhere after jimin's death.

inha didn't know what that was supposed to mean.

it had been a week since she last visit jimin, and a week since she had met taehyung and constantly running into him at random times. she was walking to campus, eyes heavy with the lack of sleep from last night. she still couldn't manage to close her eyes for more than 2 minutes, always tossing and turning. it had taken her all her strength to get up and get dressed for class earlier. her mother would have none of it if she missed yet another day of college.

the streets were filled with getting to their jobs and running errands. her slow pace was a contrast to everyone rushing about. she was doing it on purpose. maybe if she was late to class then it would be better to just not go altogether. she stopped in front of a cafe and admired the snacks on the display window just to kill time. her eyes landed on someone inside instead. though he had his hood up, there was no mistaking who he was.

taehyung sat alone, playing with his hands on the table. his food looked untouched. as if he could feel her eyes on him, he turned his head towards the window. their eyes met through the glass and inha see him wearing the same expression he had worn a week ago. sad. tired. broken.

it hurt her, just a little bit.

this would be the time where inha would look away and proceed to walk to campus, but instead she went inside the cafe without thinking. she sat down across taehyung, his expression remained unchanged.

"taehyung," she started, not knowing what else to say. he looked at her with a blank expression. "how are you holding up?" she cringed internally.

taehyung just looked at her, his gaze burning on her sking. made her shift uncomfortably in her seat. and then he laughed out of the blue, head tilting back as his eyes disappeared in his grin. something about his laugh told her that he didn't really mean it. she would be lying if she said a chill didn't run down her spine.

"the amount of times we've ran into each other," he scoffed, "yet you've only asked that now. what's the special occasion?"