Chapter 28

Angel Sapphire Cane

It's not your fault.

He did what he thought was right.

It was his choice.

It was an accident.

Angel, it wasn't your fault.

Angel. . .

Angel. . .

"Angel!" Chris' face became clearer. He is shaking me like what others do to a person that is in daze. I am not in daze. I am hurt. I am in pain again. Guilt is what I'm feeling right now.

"It wasn't your fault." Chris repeated for like the hundredth time trying to make some sense on me but he doesn't make any sense. It's my fault. I just looked at him with no emotion at all because he's wrong. It's all my fault.

"Angel, it wasn't your fault. It was Tyler's choice to save you, okay?" Hearing his name triggered something in me. Before I knew it, a tear betrayed me and soon enough, they are streaming down my face.

"I-It's all m-my f-fault." I said while clutching my chest. It hurts knowing that Tyler is hurt because of me. I felt myself shake from crying. I am sure that I look like a mess right now.

"I-If I-I didn't ran, h-he wouldn't be-" I was cut off when the door suddenly opened revealing the doctor that is attending on Tyler. We all stood up and walked towards the doctor.

I wiped the tears away from my face and straightened my posture. It has been two hours since the accident happened.  We are all here. They arrived after I called them. Cass and Ace are the first ones that arrived then followed by Chris, Scarlet and Luke.

"How is he?" Ace asked as the doctor removed his mask from his face.

"He's stable for now. Bruises and scratches are scattered around his torso. Cast on right arm and a cut on the left side of his head. Beside that, he's all good. He can go after a few days." He said while checking on some papers. We all sighed in relief and tears brimmed the corner of my eyes again.

Luke hugged me and tears started their waterworks again. Ace hugged Cass while Scarlet and Chris excused themselves as they're going to go get some food. I hugged Luke tightly and buried my face on his chest. I wish Tyler's the one who's comforting me right now.

All I want is Tyler and I almost lost him because of my selfishness, my fear that he'll hurt me again. I almost lost the man I love.

_______________________________________________________________

"How is he?" I asked Luke as I grabbed his arm. He sighed and ran his hand on his face as he looked at me with an emotion I can't pinpoint. It has been a week since the accident and I haven't visited Tyler.

I know I'm being a coward but I'm just scared that maybe Tyler would reject me. I mean, who wouldn't. After all I've caused, I'm not surprised that he'll never forgive me. I almost got him killed.

"He's okay Angel. Why won't you just visit him for yourself? You can talk things out. I mean, it wouldn't hurt to try, right?" Luke said while giving me his hopeful face. I sighed and looked at my half eaten sandwich. I already lost my appetite.

"I'm scared Luke. What if-" i was about to reason out when someone hugged me from behind. I turned my head and saw Scarlet with Chris.

"Saph, sandwich? Really? You should eat more, don't you think? You're really skinny, right Chris?" She said and that instantly brought smile on my face. Thank God I have friends that support me. Chris just nodded and took a seat beside me.