Chapter 26

Angel Sapphire Cane

Seeing Tyler for the first time since the incident really hurts. Not just because it reminds me how he kissed Casey but also how he treated me like a slut. I didn't bother to greet him because I'll be considered as a masochist.

He's still the same. Still handsome. I was surprised when Scarlet told me that they shared a past. It was painful, just like mine. They treated women like a joke. I didn't know until yesterday that Luke was her ex-boyfriend.  They were together for a year and a half until it happened.

Scarlet was crying when she told me this. She was so strong. I wish I can be like her. I want to be brave like her. I want to forget Tyler but I can't.  I've already fallen for him. I'll just avoid him at all costs. I can't face him right now. He never did love me. It was all a joke.

I was about to turn left when a hand halted me from taking a step. I knew it's Tyler, just from the sparks. I felt my heart beats faster and my hand became sweaty. I yanked my arm back not bothering to even look at him. I inhaled deeply and closes my eyes for a bit before I can even think to step, Tyler grabbed me again and turned me to face him.

"Angel, I-" I cut him off by yanking my wrist away from him. I stepped back and something flashed in his eyes. First, confusion, then, pain. I almost scoffed at him. I can't believe he's hurting right now. I just looked at him without any emotion beside from hatred. He played me.

"Kitten, listen please. I'm so-" I again cut him off as I glared at him in disbelief and pain.

"Don't call me that. I hate that pet name." I said in a monotone voice. I want him to remember that he caused me this so much pain. I don't deserve to be played like that. I've been good to him and his friends. I always obey him even if it hurts me.

"I- I'm sorry, okay? Please, kitten. I lo-" I can't take it anymore so I stepped away from him and glared. His face contorted with pain and hurt. His jaws are clenched together. His lips are set in a thin line.

"Stop calling me that. I hate it so much. I hate you so much. It's all a game for you. I was just a game. So just, please stop." I said. I tried to act confident but my voice failed me when it cracks at the end of my statement. Tears brimmed the corner of my eyes but I blinked it all away.

All my facade were wasted when a single tear escaped my eye. I quickly whiped it away but it was easily caught by Tyler. I gripped my bag tighter as I felt myself shake from this encounter. It was all a lie. I'm not confident. I can't be confident.  I am weak.

I glared at him, broken. I looked at him with pain, hurt and hate. It all became a turmoil of emotions. I can't even look at him directly in his eyes as I casted my gaze on the ground. I just want this to end. I just want this pain to stop, to end.

Before he can even open his mouth, I already turned around and left him in the hallways. I'm scared to be hurt again. He never loved me. He still loves his ex.

Why do I need to suffer? I fixed myself before I went to my classroom. It's a class where the four of us are here. Cass is not with us because she has chemistry but that's okay because Scarlet would be with me. I'm glad her lunch and Cass' are the same with me.

I scanned the room and saw two empty seats on the third line. I settled myself on the left seat and waited for the professor, wondering where Scarlet is. I spent my remaining time reading a book. I don't want to think about it. I just want to forget about it.

As soon as our professor came in, silence erupted and I closed my book as I shoved it in my bag. The door opened and Tyler with Ace and Luke came in. I instantly casted my gaze on my lap and I can feel his stare at me, sending shiver run down my spine. I can feel his stare burning holes at the side of my head and I squirmed on my seat.